Mike Bordick quotables thread

Frobby

Yes, Mike Bordick said something funny tonight. The Braves set off fireworks when Tommy Hanson recorded his 500th career strikeout (which is a bit ridiculous). Then Hanson walked his 6th hitter of the game. As the pitching coach started walking to the mound to talk to Hanson:

"I wonder if he's going to congratulate Hanson on his 500th strikeout?"

I only minded so much even at the beginning, because I knew he had to cut his commenting teeth and sorta got thrown in the deep end. Occasionally his quip delivery is a little off, but I definitely appreciate the sense of humor. I missed tonight's game, but if I had heard that, I may have guffawed.

Bordick has gotten significantly better as the season has progressed. He's much looser now. He's certainly no Palmer, but I don't hate listening to him anymore, either.

His analysis of Bundy tonight was some of the most insightful stuff I've ever heard from him. He's definitely in the tolerable range for me now.

• 4 years later...
Last night he said Trumbo's HR went about 470 ft, almost into the 2nd deck.

I don't know how far the HR went. I know it was nowhere near 470ft and that the people in the 2nd deck never bothered putting down their hot dogs.

According to ESPN Home Run Tracker (now hittrackeronline.com) Trumbo's HR last night had a 'true distance' of 406 ft.

Last night he said Trumbo's HR went about 470 ft, almost into the 2nd deck.

I don't know how far the HR went. I know it was nowhere near 470ft and that the people in the 2nd deck never bothered putting down their hot dogs.

You sure it was Bordick who said that? I thought it was Dempsey on the post-game show.

Archived