Adam Dunn

sangar

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I've never loved leg kicks when I see it in our prospects. Kjerstad in particular but he held his own with last year so who knows.
    • That's almost a Sisco for Holliday.
    • It was a great story and rightfully, everyone should have been thrilled for him and does indeed seem like an awesome human being. That said, if his two-pitch mix could play, he wouldn't have spent the brunt of his career pitching in Asia and would have logged more than 120 ML innings. I know we all want lightning in a bottle here, but enjoy what he did, history shows he won't sustain it over a season.
    • He reminded me a little of Koji out there. Dotting a fastball over and over and rarely squared up.  I liked Hyde's shout out of the scouting dept in the post game.
    • Back to Suarez… Loved how it seemed the managerial staff and teammates were thrilled for Albert.  Several spoke of how impressed they were of him as a person, making a positive impression during the Spring on how appreciative and humble Albert was for another shot at MLB opportunity.  Gotta root for guys like him. His combo of 96mph velocity and horizontal riding movement on the fastball was fun to watch yesterday.  While he did sprinkle in a curveball and changeup, he was 63% 4 seamer and 23% cutter yesterday.  Can that basically 2 pitch mix play as SP over the long-term?  Even if doesn’t stick as a SP, feels like Suarez could be a factor in the BP, whether MIRP or leverage SIRP. He’s a bit of unique case, with only 1yr MLB service time and long INTL gap.  So how does his service time factor for future years?  Essentially arb/pre-arb meaning the O’s retain rights for several more years?  
    • Getting pitched abnormally tough.  Then again we expect him to be an abnormal talent, so I understand that this probably isn't a sufficient excuse. But it is a factor regardless.
    • I agree his timing seems off.  That is why I was saying he might have a bit too much of a leg kick.  There are some who can get away with it in the majors, but others have had to adjust.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now