Kevin Youkilis traded soon! (traded to White Sox)

Baldimore, hon

I could see DD trying to get him and really stick it to the Red Sox. The Red Sox really wanted to dump him. Stewart has a 6.00 ERA and is 1-2 and Lillibridge is hitting .175. Youkilis can play 1B, 3B or DH if needed. After the early season argument with BV things were never the same. I think he will play a lot better in another teams dugout.

I can't. I don't think Duquette cares about anything besides turning the Orioles into a winning team for the first time since 1997. That sticks it to the Red Sox, the Yankees, and the rest of the American League East a lot more than tit-for-tat behavior to acquire Kevin Youkilis just to spite Boston.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like peanuts compared to what people were expecting, especially if they got 5M.

That should tell you (tell everyone) that most GM's think he's totally out of gas. I've seen this coming for 2+ years now, Youk is a shell of what he once was... which is sad from a fan of good baseball.

What is the infatuation with Youk among some on here? I know over the years he's made life hell for us at times, a lot of times. But he's rarely been healthy over the past year and a half with back and hip issues. That's not like a sprained ankle where it gets better. That stuff will keep coming back.

I also don't think he'd fit well in the O's clubhouse.

I didn't know the extent of the injuries he's had. Just knew he missed some time. Still I think it's a great trade for the Chi Sox. He may not be the guy he used to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up an 800 OPS which definitely has value at 3rd and I'm not sure why it wouldn't have been worth a gamble by us. But again, I don't know the extent of his injuries and the qualitative aspect of watching him everyday.

Archived