Stark hears Orioles in on Garza talks...

Bazooka Jones

But obviously... no Machado or Bundy added in those talks.

"Teams that have talked with the Orioles say they're right in the thick of the Garza discussions, but they continue to make clear to the Cubs -- and to the rest of civilization -- that Manny Machado and Dylan Bundy aren't going to be part of any trade conversation, with anybody."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings120629/mike-trout-bryce-harper-potentially-all-time-greats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But obviously... no Machado or Bundy added in those talks.

"Teams that have talked with the Orioles say they're right in the thick of the Garza discussions, but they continue to make clear to the Cubs -- and to the rest of civilization -- that Manny Machado and Dylan Bundy aren't going to be part of any trade conversation, with anybody."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings120629/mike-trout-bryce-harper-potentially-all-time-greats

So is every other team that has a whiff at contention. Means nothing now. Cubs will hold out to the deadline and he only ends up an O if Matusz and Schoop is the best offer.

So is every other team that has a whiff at contention. Means nothing now. Cubs will hold out to the deadline and he only ends up an O if Matusz and Schoop is the best offer.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't trade Matusz and Schoop for Garza.

That's insanity. They are the #1 and #3 prospects in baseball, and Garza ain't that friggin' good.

I agree...bundy or machado would be the centerpiece of a trade for Felix Hernandez, but not Garza...give me a break.

Schoop, Matusz, Avery for Soriano (and his contract) and Garza. It would be a hail-mary pass, but could really save our season.

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

Soriano is awful and owed a ton of money. If we're eating that contract we shouldn't have to give up that much talent.

Soriano is awful and owed a ton of money. If we're eating that contract we shouldn't have to give up that much talent.

Aside from OBP, he's doing well at the plate this year. He's another HR bat. Garza's talent speaks for itself.

I think a 5th starter can be found at the deadline to replace Hunter, unless they go the Tillman route.

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

Archived