Stark hears Orioles in on Garza talks...

Bazooka Jones

Finishing 500 is like getting a trophy for finishing 6th in a 8 person race when you are 8.

So we should do nothing that would obviously improve the team? Matusz is never going to be a reliable MLB pitcher. Arrieta does not look like he will figure it out soon. If we can fool

someone into taking them for something we really need we have to do it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garza is FA4 so he would be under contract at a high price for one more season. Soriano is a net negative so additional years of team control are not a good thing.

Really? Right now he's OPSing .813, on pace to hit 30 HR and drive in close to 100 on an awful Cubs team.

As I said, he'd be our second best OF currently and probably one of our leading offensive players. But he's a "net negative?"

I am not advocating throwing games I just don't want to give up long term pieces for short term fixes.

Cubs won't get Manny or Bundy anyone else they get i really don't care we need a SP and OF bad.

I think we should act like we're trying to build a consistent winner.

A deep thought that has very little substance I'm afraid.

Trading away a B prospect shows that we're not trying to build a "consistent winner"? Obviously I'm not giving them Machado or Bundy.

I'd argue that making a move like this at least shows that we're fed up with the status quo, which has been quite miserable for the last, oh, 15 years.

Really? Right now he's OPSing .813, on pace to hit 30 HR and drive in close to 100 on an awful Cubs team.

As I said, he'd be our second best OF currently and probably one of our leading offensive players. But he's a "net negative?"

Look at his career numbers, note the decline.

Also RBI = Bad stat

A deep thought that has very little substance I'm afraid.

Trading away a B prospect shows that we're not trying to build a "consistent winner"? Obviously I'm not giving them Machado or Bundy.

I'd argue that making a move like this at least shows that we're fed up with the status quo, which has been quite miserable for the last, oh, 15 years.

Don't get snippy with me just because I disagree.

We shouldn't be trading away "B" prospects for #4 starters who are about to be really expensive, and a guy like Soriano, who however old he is, will be coming over to a much harder division, and is already highly paid.

Look at his career numbers, note the decline.

Also RBI = Bad stat

Oh yea, baseball hipsters hate RBIs. I don't think RBIs are an elite way to measure production. HOWEVER (/STEPHEN A. SMITH)

I think being on pace for 100 runs driven in playing on a putrid team is rather remarkable. But I'd be glad to be told how wrong I am.

Don't get snippy with me just because I disagree.

We shouldn't be trading away "B" prospects for #4 starters who are about to be really expensive, and a guy like Soriano, who however old he is, will be coming over to a much harder division, and is already highly paid.

Why not?

Again, gimme an argument. Will the "B" prospect, who may or may not do anything at the big league level, make us look more like a team that is set on "consistently winning"?

Why not?

Again, gimme an argument. Will the "B" prospect, who may or may not do anything at the big league level, make us look more like a team that is set on "consistently winning"?

I have, you just don't like it.

It's not efficient to go get guys like Garza and Soriano... and I'm not sure a "B" prospect is all we'd give up. And I don't consider Schoop a "B" prospect. He's not a A++ world best prospect like Manny and Bundy, but he's one of our top prospects nevertheless, and will be very cheap for us. For guys we're going to have to spend a lot of money to keep, I'd rather just do it in FA and keep our prospects. I don't see what's so offensive about that.

Archived