Orioles are "going hard" after Zack Greinke

Greg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not want the O's to trade Schoop for any half season rental.

There is no window this season, the team is too heavily flawed.

Respectfully disagree. You can point to all the metrics you want. We're in the playoffs if the season ended today. We can make a run if we add some key players. Greinke probably adds 4-5 wins over whatever bum he replaces.

Ravage us.

I want him bad. As long as we can resign him, trade whoever!...Except Bundy & Machado of course. Wieters/Jones also, obviously.

There is no way we would be able to compete with other teams to get him in FA.

We need a true Ace badly. I think Greinke would fit perfect in our rotation.

Schoop is a very good starting point for a trade like this.

As Duq keeps stating, Bundy and Machado aren't going anywhere.. but feel free to pilfer the rest of our organization for trade scenario's major league baseball :smile11:

When I spoke about Duq using his minor leagues to help his big league club, from my experience, from what I saw.. players like Schoop were the players that were traded to help the big team. Just tossing that out there.

I want him bad. As long as we can resign him, trade whoever!...Except Bundy & Machado of course. Wieters/Jones also, obviously.

Kind of how I feel here. But I would honestly be shocked that MIL would move him for lesser pieces than those two. This guy is the best pitcher in the league right now.

I mean if we can fleece, then fleece

A 2014 rotation of Greinke, Bundy, Chen, Gausman, whoever would look pretty darn good.

Respectfully disagree. You can point to all the metrics you want. We're in the playoffs if the season ended today. We can make a run if we add some key players. Greinke probably adds 4-5 wins over whatever bum he replaces.

Ravage us.

I'm with you here. Greinke is about the only guy I'd consider moving Schoop for, but I'd be pretty angry if he left in the offseason.

Kind of how I feel here. But I would honestly be shocked that MIL would move him for lesser pieces than those two. This guy is the best pitcher in the league right now.

I mean if we can fleece, then fleece

Teams lost a lot of leverage in mid-season trades with draft pick compensation being void for traded players. The return for rentals will be a lot less than it used to be.

Archived