Orioles are "going hard" after Zack Greinke

Greg

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Teheran taken a step back this year? If they are putting him in the package, I don't see us beating that.

All three have taken steps back, really. Minor and Delgado have taken their lumps, but they are still young so it is understandable. The organization seems to be higher on Minor than Delgado, which is very odd because Minor has been atrocious. Teheran has been giving up long balls about as much as Minor (who I believe leads the NL) has, except in AAA. The pitching depth for the Braves is just not as good as it was perceived to be before the season started.

All three have taken steps back, really. Minor and Delgado have taken their lumps, but they are still young so it is understandable. The organization seems to be higher on Minor than Delgado, which is very odd because Minor has been atrocious. Teheran has been giving up long balls about as much as Minor (who I believe leads the NL) has, except in AAA. The pitching depth for the Braves is just not as good as it was perceived to be before the season started.

Interesting. Maybe Kranitz sees something in Arrieta and Matusz that leads MIL to value taking both of them over an ATL package.

Yeah, it will be interesting.

The Braves seem pretty set on acquiring him, and he seems to want to come to Atlanta since it's fairly close to his home in Florida. I think the Braves will end up overpaying, signing him to some ridiculous deal that will end up hampering the payroll when it comes time for Heyward, Freeman, and Beachy's FA years.

What about Matusz, Arrieta, Avery and Bridwell?

Atlanta would probably have a better package and so would other teams. I'm against trading Schoop for obvious reasons like the cavernous hole at 2B. Im also skeptical Grienke will sign here.

Archived