It's time to say a fond farewell to Brian Roberts

bmoreosfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He doesn't seem to be the same I would just like to see a larger sample size. Hopefully he will be able to come back healthy and help this team.

We've had a pretty large sample size for 4-5 years indicating his defense has been average to below average. It typically doesn't get better for mid 30 year old Middle IF's. Then there are some pretty huge issues with Roberts body type, extent/nature of injuries, physical capabilities and conditioning etc. It's nice to hope, but sometimes you have to be practical about things. Not saying Andino is the answer, but I think he gives us the better chance to win at this point.

First opinion was a Hip Labral tear. If surgery is required would be 2 months or so recovery time.

Is that the same thing A-Rod had a couple years ago? He missed a couple months but came back strong and quickly from it.

Obviously he wasn't as far out of baseball shape going into it as B-Rob was, but it does show that that particular injury does not have to end a career or even slow it down, even when the player is fairly old.

But I agree with many others in this thread -- I think the front office is going to have to approach the offseason with the idea that have a hole at 2nd base that needs to be filled.

Is that the same thing A-Rod had a couple years ago? He missed a couple months but came back strong and quickly from it.

Obviously he wasn't as far out of baseball shape going into it as B-Rob was, but it does show that that particular injury does not have to end a career or even slow it down, even when the player is fairly old.

But I agree with many others in this thread -- I think the front office is going to have to approach the offseason with the idea that have a hole at 2nd base that needs to be filled.

Same injury. I wouldn't say Arod came back fast and strong, I think it still bothers him on defense.

I've said this before... I expect him to tread water this year. NEXT year, with a WHOLE offseason of good training! And good health. I think he's a lot to closer to the Brian we all know and love.

I agree with you 100%.

I guess I'll just repeat myself in every thread on this topic. There's no real reason not to give Roberts another chance to come back after he rehabs from this injury, unless his doctors say so. We don't even know how serious this is yet, we have no idea what condition BRob will be in when he returns, and we don't know exactly when he got hurt and whether this injury impacted his performance in the 2+ weeks that he played. I see no reason to prejudge the situation. Let's hear what the doctors say.

cindyluvsfrobby!!!!

MY PEREFECT ONE:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Will be back

Or I will die:002_scry:

BalSportsReport ‏@BalSportsReport

Dan Duquette just told SiriusXM that the Orioles will need top of the lineup help as it looks like Roberts will be out a long time.

Figured as much. He wouldn't be getting a second opinion if it was something that could just be rehabed. It's time to shut him down and start focusing on 2013.

BalSportsReport ‏@BalSportsReport

Dan Duquette just told SiriusXM that the Orioles will need top of the lineup help as it looks like Roberts will be out a long time.

Dan, you needed top of the lineup help anyway, because Roberts and the rest of the crew were not getting it done.

Archived