The condensed version of yesterday

Frobby

Skipping between all the outsider posts.

Belkast, 1:42 p.m.:

Yes but it shouldn't be much longer.....hopefully this evening.

Belkast, answering Ty Cobb at 1:44 p.m.:

Would you like to add anything Sonny76 post?

Bedard, Tejada, and ? for Kemp, Kershaw, Broxton, and Hu.

Not yet...There will plenty of things to discuss soon.

Belkast, 1:51 p.m.:

Hopeful of a deal to go down this evening.

bigbird, 2:04 p.m.:

Is your guy hearing a Dodgers deal is close????? My guy said they don't think they'll get the Japanese pitcher and don't want to be left holding the bag. He said we're trying to get them to take Tejada too. BRob a little later but the Cubs are pushing Prior before the contract deadline. Lots of stuff happening. Medical records being exchanged. Business is picking up. Lights will be on in the Warehouse (at least until 11 pm )

Belkast, 2:05 p.m.:

Without getting into specifics, yes things are getting very active with the Dodgers.

bigbird, 2:44 p.m., answering TyCobb:

BB, could you add anything to Sonny76's post about Bedard, Tejada, and ? for Kemp, Kershaw, Broxton, and Hu?

Payton and Pierre may also be included in the deal.

Belkast, 3:25 p.m. answering Sports Guy:

If we take back Pierre and give them Bedard and Miggy, LaRoche should be in the deal IMO.

Dodgers get:

Bedard

Payton

Tejada

Orioles get:

Kershaw

Kemp

LaRoche

Broxton

Hu

Pierre

NOTE: This is assuming the part of what Sonny76 said.

That is fairly accurate, I think.

Belkast, 4:32 p.m., answering bigbird:

Any updatres....My guy has not responded to my text.

Nothing since the last time we spoke. I get the strong impression that we are very close. As you stated, all the medical records have beeen exchanged, and I would assume both teams are having their Doctor's review the records before we proceed. I don't know how long that will take but I assume it shouldn't drag out too long.

Belkast, 5:05 p.m., answering Duke2010:

Okay, so its official that medical records are being exchanged? Can that be confirmed by anyone? (sorry, I don't wanna go back and find it if its true)

Medical records have been exchanged.

Peace21, 6:25 p.m.:

Just to chime in, Im hearing things are picking up, and a deal should go down this evening. If all the stars are aligned. Medical reports have been exchanged. Not saying for whom or for what trade. Just something should go down. Ill have more in a bit.

Peace21, 6:32 p.m., answering CrimsonTribe

Good news. Thanks. Are you pleased w/ the names you are hearing?

Very much!

Peace21, 6:36 p.m., answering erb8472:

Insiders,

Regarding the potential deal being discussed how would you describe your feelings if the trade is made on a 1 to 10 scale, 1 being miserable, and 10 being estatic.

Id say 11!

Belkast, 7:07 p.m.:

I'm hearing Bedard has been contacted about a trade. I'll post more as I get it.

Peace21, 8:07 p.m.:

Yeah, I dont have all the info yet. I need confirmation from a few people tahn ill share it all with you. Last I heard from my guy, he had to go from our call because something was going down. But I have heard names that would be included in the deal, and if it is true, than WOW! MacPhail will be a genius.

bigbird, 9:24 p.m.:

Interesting....this is the text I rec'd back:

Waiting on LAD to make sure no Kuroda. BR may stay.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one curious about the "BR may stay" line? I haven't read all 1,191 posts in the other thread so this might have been answered. I don't understand the connection between Kuroda signing and BR, who at first glance can only be Roberts...

Yea, i was curious about that as well...That was never answer...Not sure anyone even asked about it.

However, if Bedard and/or Tejada aren't dealt, they will keep BRob....Maybe that is what it meant?

Am I the only one curious about the "BR may stay" line? I haven't read all 1,191 posts in the other thread so this might have been answered. I don't understand the connection between Kuroda signing and BR, who at first glance can only be Roberts...

It was a text message. Could be two topics, unrelated.

AM may h ave played his cards right and we don't know if it was being held up by LA or not but this is yet another reason why you don't sit on your hands too long to do things.

BB told us about this deal(it was very similar) over a week ago.

We now come back to almost the same deal and now it may be too late.

Yea, i was curious about that as well...That was never answer...Not sure anyone even asked about it.

However, if Bedard and/or Tejada aren't dealt, they will keep BRob....Maybe that is what it meant?

Could also have meant that if the Dodgers deal went down we were getting enough back they they felt the would keep BRob and build with him.

I, for one, am not assuming at all that the deal with the Dodgers is dead. When the insiders tell me that, then I will assume it is correct.

I agree. The "Waiting on LAD to make sure no Kuroda" line may just mean the deal has changed, but isn't necessarily dead.

Archived