The condensed version of yesterday

Frobby

Man, reading that recap reminds me of one of those 911 calls where all you can hear is chaos on the other end of the line and nobody knows what is happening other than the fact that it is big.

Also feels like the morning after a midnight hurricane.

Hopefully the deal is not dead. I am sure one of our trusted will be here at some point today with an update.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The disappearance of BB, Belkast and Peace after the Kuroda rumors spread last night is telling. It could mean one of two things.

1. Something is still on the verge of happening, so close that none of them want to say anything until something is finally 100% confirmed, OR

2. The Kuroda thing came out of the blue and they are waiting for some sort of definitive confirmation, just like us, that the apparent deal is off, OR

it could mean something completely different or nothing at all.

I think that as time goes on, most people really learn to take these rumors with a grain of salt, as we're asked to.

To hear the possibilities is for sure exciting, but what we have to realize as posters is that this kind of stuff is discussed every single day internally.

But read every post :

Nothing since the last time we spoke. I get the strong impression that we are very close. As you stated, all the medical records have beeen exchanged, and I would assume both teams are having their Doctor's review the records before we proceed. I don't know how long that will take but I assume it shouldn't drag out too long.
Hopeful of a deal to go down this evening.
Just to chime in, Im hearing things are picking up, and a deal should go down this evening. If all the stars are aligned. Medical reports have been exchanged. Not saying for whom or for what trade. Just something should go down. Ill have more in a bit.
Yeah, I dont have all the info yet. I need confirmation from a few people tahn ill share it all with you. Last I heard from my guy, he had to go from our call because something was going down. But I have heard names that would be included in the deal, and if it is true, than WOW! MacPhail will be a genius.

Your typical poster reads these nuggets and refreshes their computer because they "JUST KNOW" that this is a done deal and that it's going down in like ten minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, that's not how this stuff works. If anyone should know that by now, it's this board. I congratulate our insiders for including disclaimers in almost every post. I'm sure that's difficult, as they are fans as well.

2 "possible" angles : (I don't really believe any of them but throwing them out there)

A: They contacted Bedard about a trade with the Dodgers. Bedard said he rather sign an extension than live in LA for 2 years. Dodgers then go to plan B and sign that Japanese guy.

B: Trade is completed. MLB ask both team to keep quiet until the Mitchell Report is out so ESPN can talk steriods for a day and then about the trade the next day.

AM may h ave played his cards right and we don't know if it was being held up by LA or not but this is yet another reason why you don't sit on your hands too long to do things.

BB told us about this deal(it was very similar) over a week ago.

We now come back to almost the same deal and now it may be too late.

SG, at the same time you can't assume that what BB, Peace and Belkast say is gospel either. No disrespect to them because I know how this stuff goes down since I was in the middle of it once. But the information changes as the wind blows. Just because they state something doesn't mean it's etched in stone either. So you don't know whether the blame is on AM's plate or their sources plate.

I've met AM when I was playing, the dude is a smart man and knows how to build an organization. Hell I've met Trembley too while I was in A ball. He's a good manager as well. The O's should be happy to have a guy like that, the players love to play for him. Back on point, AM will get the best package available for Bedard, if he's not satisfied he'll wait. He's not going to make a trade just for the sake of making one.

The disappearance of BB, Belkast and Peace after the Kuroda rumors spread last night is telling. It could mean one of two things.

1. Something is still on the verge of happening, so close that none of them want to say anything until something is finally 100% confirmed, OR

2. The Kuroda thing came out of the blue and they are waiting for some sort of definitive confirmation, just like us, that the apparent deal is off, OR

it could mean something completely different or nothing at all.

Honestly, I think it meant they went to sleep. :D

If this all falls apart (which it looks like it might have), how much blame does AM take? Was he asking for too much, or not pushing hard enough, or pushing too hard? Did we wait too long? I wonder if we'll know the details eventually...

Or is this just more residual karma biting us in the ass again? ;)

I'm hopeful for good news soon!

bigbird, 2:04 p.m.:

Quote:

Is your guy hearing a Dodgers deal is close????? My guy said they don't think they'll get the Japanese pitcher and don't want to be left holding the bag. He said we're trying to get them to take Tejada too. BRob a little later but the Cubs are pushing Prior before the contract deadline. Lots of stuff happening. Medical records being exchanged. Business is picking up. Lights will be on in the Warehouse (at least until 11 pm )

I wonder if the Dodgers used the Orioles to push Kuroda to make a decision. It doesn't make sense in terms of the difference in talent but it makes sense in the context of Colletti saying he didn't want to give up his young talent...

If this all falls apart (which it looks like it might have), how much blame does AM take? Was he asking for too much, or not pushing hard enough, or pushing too hard? Did we wait too long? I wonder if we'll know the details eventually...

I don't think AM deserves any blame at this point. He's got the upper hand and he needs to maximize his return. Bedard isn't chopped liver, he's not just going to take a return that almost satisfies him. He's going to take something that totally satisfies him. And he should be playing his cards like that with Bedard. Because when it comes All-Star break EVERYONE is going to be barking up the O's tree to make that push. I think teams will be more inclined to give up more than they normally would in these situations so they can make a run in the 2nd half of the season. Especially if they're in a tight race.

I'm not going to be pissed if Bedard is still here come opening day, because I think the trading deadline would be more beneficial to the O's anyway.

You want some good news? Why didn't you say so? Here's some good news for ya. Because of the piss poor play of our "other" major sports team in town, the Orioles actually are getting some headlines and don't look quite so bad anymore!

Sorry, that's about as positive as I can be right now!

2 "possible" angles : (I don't really believe any of them but throwing them out there)

A: They contacted Bedard about a trade with the Dodgers. Bedard said he rather sign an extension than live in LA for 2 years. Dodgers then go to plan B and sign that Japanese guy.

B: Trade is completed. MLB ask both team to keep quiet until the Mitchell Report is out so ESPN can talk steriods for a day and then about the trade the next day.

Or, the trade proposal is on the Commissioner's desk (or is that only when significant ca$h is also part of the trade)? :confused:

Witchy

Archived