The condensed version of yesterday

Frobby

I don't think AM deserves any blame at this point. He's got the upper hand and he needs to maximize his return. Bedard isn't chopped liver, he's not just going to take a return that almost satisfies him. He's going to take something that totally satisfies him. And he should be playing his cards like that with Bedard. Because when it comes All-Star break EVERYONE is going to be barking up the O's tree to make that push. I think teams will be more inclined to give up more than they normally would in these situations so they can make a run in the 2nd half of the season. Especially if they're in a tight race.

I'm not going to be pissed if Bedard is still here come opening day, because I think the trading deadline would be more beneficial to the O's anyway.

SG has made the following comment many times, and people keep seeming to ignore it, but IF you wait for the trade deadline, teams are NOT going to give you major league ready talent because they will be in the middle of the penant race. You'll get lower level prospects, which while ok, is NOT better in any way, shape, or form than what we can get now. MacPhail needs to play his cards right, pick the best deal, and then go "all in" on it!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this all falls apart (which it looks like it might have), how much blame does AM take? Was he asking for too much, or not pushing hard enough, or pushing too hard? Did we wait too long? I wonder if we'll know the details eventually...

Or is this just more residual karma biting us in the ass again? ;)

I'm hopeful for good news soon!

If this RUMOR falls apart? We have no idea what is going on and AM can't make the Dodgers trade with him either way. Why do we always have to blame somebody?

I don't think a deal is dead yet either. Maybe it is but I wouldn't jump off a cliff because of Kuroda signing. For those that think AM waited to long for a deal. Remember it takes two to make a deal. The Dodgers may have been waiting to see what happened with Kuroda.

SG has made the following comment many times, and people keep seeming to ignore it, but IF you wait for the trade deadline, teams are NOT going to give you major league ready talent because they will be in the middle of the penant race. You'll get lower level prospects, which while ok, is NOT better in any way, shape, or form than what we can get now. MacPhail needs to play his cards right, pick the best deal, and then go "all in" on it!

So you're telling me that Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu are major league ready talent? I hardly believe these pieces will be helping LAD make a push for the playoffs. They will be learning on the job. Not what you want when trying to get into the playoffs.

Kemp is probably the best thing they have to major league ready talent. And we don't know if Broxton is or isn't involved in the deal. Let's not forget that the Dodgers just signed A. Jones. Kemp is expendable.

These trades will be there before the deadline, no if's and's or buts.

So you're telling me that Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu are major league ready talent? I hardly believe these pieces will be helping LAD make a push for the playoffs. They will be learning on the job. Not what you want when trying to get into the playoffs.

Kemp is probably the best thing they have to major league ready talent. And we don't know if Broxton is or isn't involved in the deal. Let's not forget that the Dodgers just signed A. Jones. Kemp is expendable.

These trades will be there before the deadline, no if's and's or buts.

Hu wont be on the ML roster but LaRoche will and will most likely be getting a good number of AB's especially when Nomar goes down and we all know that will happen!

Hu wont be on the ML roster but LaRoche will and will most likely be getting a good number of AB's especially when Nomar goes down and we all know that will happen!

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm trying to point out is that the Dodgers aren't counting on him this year to be a big run producing bat for them just yet. He will be learning on the job geting AB's.

The Dodgers could have requested a window to discuss a long term deal with Bedard. I'd ask for that if I were giving up a haul like that.

Teams don't usually ask for a window when they have 2 years to work out a new contract...I doubt that is the reason.

Archived