The condensed version of yesterday

Frobby

I think everybody needs to relax and calm down a bit (might I even suggest chillaxing?) until one or all of our insiders has any insight into what might be going on.

The original rumor wasn't picked up by any media sources, so without the info from our guys we'd have nothing. I think trying to speculate on what is going on based on media reports that didn't have any knowledge of the rumor is not going to be a great way of getting to the bottom of things.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original rumor wasn't picked up by any media sources, so without the info from our guys we'd have nothing. I think trying to speculate on what is going on based on media reports that didn't have any knowledge of the rumor is not going to be a great way of getting to the bottom of things.

The fact that ESPN hasn't reported anything yet regarding these "reports" leads me to believe that they're not very substantial.

On the other hand, where there's smoke, there's fire, and there's an awful lot of smoke here.

Guess we just need to wait it out.

Again, Im wondering if the insiders were given some sort of gag order by their sources. It is very strange that we haven't heard anything from them since early last evening, not even something that says they will provide more info later.

I keep coming back to the fact that Bedard was supposedly contacted about a trade. I just can't imagine why that would happen if there wasn't something about to go down.

IMO the trade is going to happen.

Difficult to believe things were at such an advanced, frenzied stage and then drop off a cliff.

Maybe AM put the screws to some of the inside info getting out ...

Not worried about the Dodgers dropping out or not. Seattle and Cincy have enough to provide a more than respectable return for EB, IMO.

Roch comments from his blog are below:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2007/12/thinking_out_loud_1.html

"As long as we’re trying to separate fact from fiction, the Mariners do seem willing to part with prized outfield prospect Adam Jones in a deal for Erik Bedard. The Reds don’t seem willing to part with Jay Bruce. Advantage: Mariners. The Dodgers are hesitant to part with left-hander Clayton Kershaw, but it could happen if the Orioles package Miguel Tejada with Bedard - as they seem willing to do.

As much as I like Jones, I’m rooting for a blockbuster that includes Kershaw and Matt Kemp. The Mariners could sweeten the deal by including catcher Jeff Clement, but the Orioles don't exactly have a need. It's not like they'd want him backing up Matt Wieters.

By spring training, we’ll be marveling at how much the Orioles accomplished this winter. Bedard, Tejada and Brian Roberts will likely be gone. Those are three big names sliced off the roster. When’s the last time that happened in Baltimore?

Welcome aboard, Andy MacPhail."

Roch is either trying to stoke the fires and at least acknowledge what the insiders said yesterday or completely screwing with us. He is a joker so you never know where he is going with this.

I have always appreciated the inside information because I think most of what they report is honest it is just one or two levels removed from the ultimate decision maker so unless they know AM or PA it will always be a bit second hand information sort of like what reporters report in the papers from their sources so please remember that because they go out of their way to tell us that this information is not definite and can change quickly. I would be so bored waiting for info otherwise.

Honestly, I think the deal must either be pending or completely dead. My gut is telling me dead.

or there never was a deal. No media has mentioned anything about anything, and at this point there's no reason to believe there ever was a deal with the Dodgers. After all, they'd been pursuing Kuroda for weeks now. It's not like this is some last minute thing that came up.

Again, Im wondering if the insiders were given some sort of gag order by their sources. It is very strange that we haven't heard anything from them since early last evening, not even something that says they will provide more info later.

I keep coming back to the fact that Bedard was supposedly contacted about a trade. I just can't imagine why that would happen if there wasn't something about to go down.

IMO the trade is going to happen.

Maybe the Dodgers said they aren't giving up the farm without a negotiating window with Bedard to talk extension.

My bet, though, is the deal has less of a chance of being alive than one of the red shirt guys in an original Star Trek landing party. It's dead, Jim.

Archived