The condensed version of yesterday

Frobby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Normally I am a staunch supporter of the insiders, and trust me, I understand 150% that things can change at the drop of a hat, but that said, the insiders last night all made it sound like a deal was imminant BEFORE the eveing was over, they told us that medical records were exchanged, AND they told us Bedard was contacted about the trade. Those are three really big facts that they put out there, and they were a lot stronger than "take this for what its worth" or "take this with a grain of salt." I still hope something happens, and I think the stuff the isiders told us will come true, but if it doesn't, you cannot blame people for being a little upset after the info the insiders provided last night.

Why? So long as medical records were exchanged, and Bedard was contacted, I have no problem with those facts being reported by our insiders.

Peace said if all the stars align something will happen therefore people have no reason to be mad it hasnt happened yet..

Again, I am not bashing OR angry. But "if all the stars align" is different than medical records were exchanged and Bedard was contacted. Those two things are specific actions that made it feasible that this was much more than a rumor.

Why? So long as medical records were exchanged, and Bedard was contacted, I have no problem with those facts being reported by our insiders.

Me neither. BUT, if MacPhail contacted Bedard and said something along the lines of "we have a deal in place and you're most likely gone" BEFORE the deal was really in place, that is pretty crappy!

Again, I am not bashing OR angry. But "if all the stars align" is different than medical records were exchanged and Bedard was contacted. Those two things are specific actions that made it feasible that this was much more than a rumor.

Exchange of medical records is part of the process and something within those records could certainly quash the deal (See Angelos v. Aaron Sele) and contacting Bedard is probably a courtesy headsup that they were in advanced negotiations and did not want him to hear of a rumored deal on ESPN. Bedard is our best player and you want to show him some respect in the event he is not dealt.

Am I the only one curious about the "BR may stay" line? I haven't read all 1,191 posts in the other thread so this might have been answered. I don't understand the connection between Kuroda signing and BR, who at first glance can only be Roberts...

Could this be the miracle I have been praying for?:confused:

Please let this be true!!!:002_shappy:

Im so stressed out!!!:002_scry:

Seems to me that if medical records have been exchanged, this might take more than a couple hours to check out, if you really want to be thorough. Also, when you get to the final steps of the negotioation there are a lot of small details to work out. With inside sources, it's likely they aren't hearing much now because the deal is in the final stages and only small details are left (nothing exciting). All the exciting stuff has already been leaked, so it's just a matter of finishing up. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. I could be looking at this from a fan standpiont as opposed to being objective. But hopefully not!

Dipper,

Roberts admits he was called regarding the Cubs deal by the front office why is Bedard any different. Bedard knows they are shopping him so a call from the office that something is getting serious is not out of the question. I have no problem with what and how Balkast or any insiders report info. They always add disclaimers.

Could this be the miracle I have been praying for?:confused:

Please let this be true!!!:002_shappy:

Im so stressed out!!!:002_scry:

We could really go 0-162 and you'd be happy as long as BRob was around, huh?

We need to trade him, Cindy. We have very few valuable pieces that need to be dealt for younger, cheaper talent. By the time we could compete, Roberts will be older and not as valuable to us. By trading him now, we maximize our return for younger players who can develop (and maybe even be better than BRob, like Felix Pie) and turn our team into a winner.

Me neither. BUT, if MacPhail contacted Bedard and said something along the lines of "we have a deal in place and you're most likely gone" BEFORE the deal was really in place, that is pretty crappy!

The thing is, we don't know what was said to Bedard. Could have been somewhere along the lines "We're getting close to a deal with LA. They would like to know, how interested you would be in signing a long term deal?"

Dipper,

Roberts admits he was called regarding the Cubs deal by the front office why is Bedard any different. Bedard knows they are shopping him so a call from the office that something is getting serious is not out of the question. I have no problem with what and how Balkast or any insiders report info. They always add disclaimers.

When did Roberts say he was contacted by the front office? He said yesterday that he received texts from people but he never said who. He then said he had to call his agent to find out what was going on.

Archived