Live Updates From Bowie

weams

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like he has a few years to go before he outgrows SS.

AxYJc3qCAAEc3Bs.jpg:large

My man Cal (born on my birthday and played some SS like me ;) ) styling in all black with the ankle highs! :clap3: Much better than that goofy commercial for a pain killer or whatever....

Great stuff, Weams.

Honestly, for me the biggest take away from this game is that Schoop went 2-4. Tillman's outing was a glorified side session, and your interview seems to confirm that.

I like Schoop a lot. I think that the scouts do too.

I like Schoop a lot. I think that the scouts do too.

Yup, count me in on that as well. Think he's hugely underrated around here, and around baseball in general. Had a .784 OPS in June and has a .824 OPS so far in July at age 20 in AA. That's even more impressive if his April and May struggles were attributable to lingering injury as many have suggested (still, he's gotten better each month). His K:BB rate this year is a little worrying but that hasn't been a major issue at previous levels and that too seems to be improving as the year goes on. I hope he can stick at 2B because his bat really plays well there and he could fill a serious hole for us faster than people think. That is, as long as he's not traded...

Yup, count me in on that as well. Think he's hugely underrated around here, and around baseball in general. Had a .784 OPS in June and has a .824 OPS so far in July at age 20 in AA. That's even more impressive if his April and May struggles were attributable to lingering injury as many have suggested (still, he's gotten better each month). His K:BB rate this year is a little worrying but that hasn't been a major issue at previous levels and that too seems to be improving as the year goes on. I hope he can stick at 2B because his bat really plays well there and he could fill a serious hole for us faster than people think. That is, as long as he's not traded...

He really had no spring training with the injury. He had to be at least a month behind. Looks really slick at short stop.

Archived