Does Flaherty and his .519 OPS have a place on this team?

ChuckS

Especially now that he's seeing regular PT. It's not easy to come up to the bigs and try to establish yourself off the bench. I think these numbers are evidence of him pressing at the plate with the few opportunities he's had.

He made a play into center field that only Cal Ripken could have made.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With consistent ABs, Flaherty > Andino.

There, I said it.

Yup, but I worry that Andino will get that "track record" preferential treatment from Buck. But for me, it's a pretty duh situation: Flaherty vs RHP (majority of the ABs) and Andino vs. LHP.

I'd rather have Flaherty out there than Roberts and his .415 OPS.

Well, we know that even if Roberts ever plays for the Orioles again, he will be no threat on the bases and his range will be diminished from the shrinkage that had already occured pre FIRST concussion.

Yup, but I worry that Andino will get that "track record" preferential treatment from Buck. But for me, it's a pretty duh situation: Flaherty vs RHP (majority of the ABs) and Andino vs. LHP.

But there's also our new infielder, the supposed defensive whiz Omar Quintanilla, who has sd that he was promised starts against RHP. Q will start tomorrow, according to Buck; it will be interesting to see whether in place of Flaherty or not http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120722&content_id=35369628&notebook_id=35370346&vkey=notebook_bal&c_id=bal.

I assume Tolleson, not Quintanilla, goes down when Andino returns.

With consistent ABs, Flaherty > Andino.

There, I said it.

I tend to agree. I think it is true both offensively and defensively. I know Flaherty has made some awful errors this year but I think if he plays more often he will be a pretty decent second baseman defensively. He certainly has some real pop in his bat. Look they saw something in him to keep him on the roster as a Rule 5 guy. At this point he should get most of the at bats against right handers.

Well, we know that even if Roberts ever plays for the Orioles again, he will be no threat on the bases and his range will be diminished from the shrinkage that had already occured pre FIRST concussion.

cindy wails hello :hearts: and (sic) Beleive (I hate you Jeffrey Maier! :cussing:)!

I like his arm also (Fla her ty, that is) - much stronger than Omar the Tentmaker

Archived