I'm just tired

SilentJames

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should never let baseball run your life, though.

And there you go. We could extend that to say you should never let any passive activity (which is fandom) run (or ruin) your life.

If I lived in Baltimore, I'd actually be thinking about a partial season-ticket plan, regardless of what happens the rest of the year.

I have devoted the last seven years of my life to following this team.

Seven summers of heart break, writing, research and arguing. I try to look on the brightside, I try to stay positive. I get ridiculed for that, I have lived and died with this team.

I have defended a position from the needless snark of bloggers and posters. All I have ever asked was just one year to keep it going.

It's over, I'm done.

I have tickets for tomorrow.

I'm in the pressbox Sunday.

I'll go, but I'm not even really looking forward to it.

Moose wins. I'll finish out this season then I'm probably hanging up the blogging. I'm just tired.

If you think 7 are bad. Try 33 years. I was 13 when we went to and won our last WS. But I'll die wearing orange and black.

Not to scoff at those of you who thought this year would be different but I'm glad I never bought into the hype, it's easier having the lowest of expectations this way you're not let down.

And when good things do happen, they mean ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so much more. Every sports team I'm a fan of can be dated back to the late 70's early 80's when they were winning. I've seen alot of losing seasons from the O's, Chargers, and 76ers.

Not to scoff at those of you who thought this year would be different but I'm glad I never bought into the hype, it's easier having the lowest of expectations this way you're not let down.

Again... interesting that people jump ship one game into the 2nd half.

This year is fading due to Reimold being injured. Matusz and Arrieta and Hunter not even being major league average. Reynolds and Davis and Betemit and Andino making errors like they got a bonus for making them.

We are being carried by the bullpen and the amazingly hot start by Jones.

The other shoe seems to have dropped.

I loved the first two months. The last month has been painful. But at least I had two months of dreams. Most years we dont even get that.

NO matter what Duq does. We cant really be expected to compete. We dont have enough.

This year is fading due to Reimold being injured. Matusz and Arrieta and Hunter not even being major league average. Reynolds and Davis and Betemit and Andino making errors like they got a bonus for making them.

We are being carried by the bullpen and the amazingly hot start by Jones.

The other shoe seems to have dropped.

I loved the first two months. The last month has been painful. But at least I had two months of dreams. Most years we dont even get that.

NO matter what Duq does. We cant really be expected to compete. We dont have enough.

At least the O's have a GM with the cajones to get the pieces needed... at least until Duquette gets neutered.

Archived