I'm just tired

SilentJames

You see. It was the reaction of a guy who is routinely blasted on this board for being too optimistic. It was the lowest point for a lot of non-baseball related things but hey, here we are again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I pledged to live an Orioles-free year just before the start of Spring Training and it lasted all the way up to the day before Opening Day. I came around just like I knew you'd come around. This (and the fact that you choose to teach high school kids for a living) is why I'm a James Baker fan, politics be damned.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You see. It was the reaction of a guy who is routinely blasted on this board for being too optimistic. It was the lowest point for a lot of non-baseball related things but hey, here we are again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I don't think any of us had any doubt that you'd bounce back. (And I mean that as a compliment!)

It truly is a compliment.

• 1 month later...
I have devoted the last seven years of my life to following this team.

Seven summers of heart break, writing, research and arguing. I try to look on the brightside, I try to stay positive. I get ridiculed for that, I have lived and died with this team.

I have defended a position from the needless snark of bloggers and posters. All I have ever asked was just one year to keep it going.

It's over, I'm done.

I have tickets for tomorrow.

I'm in the pressbox Sunday.

I'll go, but I'm not even really looking forward to it.

Moose wins. I'll finish out this season then I'm probably hanging up the blogging. I'm just tired.

For some reason, I thought about this thread this morning. It was close to the low point of the season. How're you feeling now, James? You stayed positive, and got your reward. I'm happy for you and all the other Oriole fans who stuck with this team in the down years and never gave up hope that the team would be good again some day.

Archived