Zach Tonight

OFFNY

I know that that's what you thought. But you wrote it as if it as a fact, as though you had some inside information on the matter, as you're doing now by saying that Britton will "probably get demoted" if he doesn't have a good outing. It would help if you put "I think" or "I believe" in front of these proclamations.

I wrote it as a opinion. Anybody that thinks I get to determine what the rankings for the pitcher are is kidding themselves. No one that has been on this board for any time thinks I am an insider. I never claimed to be.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wrote it as a opinion.

You wrote it as a fact. You said that he Matusz just moved ahead of Britton. Period. "I think" or "I believe" would have made it written as an opinion. You didn't do that.

Anybody that thinks I get to determine what the rankings for the pitcher are is kidding themselves.

Yeah right, Wildcard. As if that's what I was getting at. You're impossibly manipulative.

You wrote it as a fact. You said that he Matusz just moved ahead of Britton. Period. "I think" or "I believe" would have made it written as an opinion. You didn't do that.

Yeah right, Wildcard. As if that's what I was getting at. You're impossibly manipulative.

From now on. Take what ever I write as being an opinion unless I give a source. That is the way I approach. i think many on here do. Its an opinion website that post news articles when they are available.

For you to think I get to set the pitcher ranking ,,,well ,,,,, I think you are have a bad day.

From now on. Take what ever I write as being an opinion unless I give a source. That is the way I approach. i think many on here do. Its an opinion website that post news articles when they are available.

For you to think I get to set the pitcher ranking ,,,well ,,,,, I think you are have a bad day.

From now on ...... try taking some responsibility for what you write/wrote, and stop acting like such a troll. I know that you probably won't, but since you gave me a suggestion on how I should interpret your posts, I'll give you one in reference to the way that you act.

From now on ...... try taking some responsibility for what you write/wrote, and stop acting like such a troll. I know that you probably won't, but since you gave me a suggestion on how I should interpret your posts, I'll give you one in reference to the way that you act.

I don't think Wildcard is a troll. I think he is wildly optimistic and prone to basing conclusions off of egregiously small samples and frequently disregards data as "unreliable" when it conflicts with his optimistic take on things. But that's not trolling. He's been around forever - if he was a troll he'd be long gone.

I don't think Wildcard is a troll. I think he is wildly optimistic and prone to basing conclusions off of egregiously small samples and frequently disregards data as "unreliable" when it conflicts with his optimistic take on things. But that's not trolling. He's been around forever - if he was a troll he'd be long gone.

I wasn't referring to that. I think that you saw what I was getting at, and it wasn't that I actually believed that he "has a say" in the Orioles' starting rotation. I was saying that he often states things as fact, and acts as though what he is saying is a foregone conclusion (or close to a foregone conclusion). I think that he knew that, too, hence, his acting as though my point was that I actually thought that he had the inside dope on the pitching staff was manipulative and annoying. Maybe that (manipulative and annoying) doesn't constitute trolling, and if that's the case, then my bad on my choice of words.

Back to Zach:

interesting that both of the HRs came on 0-0 pitches where ZB threw a 4-seemer (that's what he claimed in his post-game interview anyways). I was, honestly, rather amazed to see hitters put such good swings on his sinker, but to find out it was his 4-seemer makes a lot of sense. Carter's HR was an impressive piece of hitting, 4-seemer or no, but Zach said he knew they were both hitters who liked to swing 0-0 and that it was a "mental mistake" on his part to throw a 4-seemer as a kind of "get-ahead" pitch on 0-0. In retrospect, I have to agree with him. I was worried I had perhaps overrated the effectiveness of his 2-seemer after the Cleveland game when I saw Oakland putting those kind of swings on him, but I feel a bit better about that after finding out those were 4-seemers.

Still think he has a pretty impressive repertoire and that his 2-seemer, esp. when it's hitting 93-94 and moving like it was against Cleveland, is one of the best in the game. Again, I'm not sure people realize how good we have it with two arms like Britton and Tillman.

I agree with this. I think wildcard is generally a good guy. Like LJ said, he has wildly optimistic opinions at times......but that's just who he is.

Tough first inning for Zach. Hope he buckles down. Hold the Yanks to those two runs.

Tillman, Britton, Matusz and Arrietta all under achieving. I just don't see how that is possible with their stuff. We need Rick Kranitz back.

Archived