Competitive Balance Lottery

If Duquette really is serious about being buyers, then I'm betting this pick gets traded, since these lotto picks are tradable during the season. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we still have this pick come next year's draft. I dunno...just the feeling I get.

We're 2 games above .500 and have the 3rd worst run differential in the American League, I don't think that we're buyers at this point. I think that we have a bright future, but not this season.

Oh, I agree. But according to Ken Rosenthal, Duquette still thinks we're buyers. And now he just got an extra trade chip to play around with. That scares me.

Oh, I agree. But according to Ken Rosenthal, Duquette still thinks we're buyers. And now he just got an extra trade chip to play around with. That scares me.
It’s important for us to finish strong and win more games than we lose.

July 17, 2012

I am generally not in favor of trading that pick. There is always great talent available at that pick range. We are NOT just one or two players away from a solid playoff team.

That said, the only way I would agree to trade that pick is if we can get a player that can be a solid/above average performer for more than a few months. Those types of guys are generally not available at this time of year unless the return package is steep. I have a lot of respect for DD, but his quotes admittedly scare me a bit.

Same here. I've been worried for weeks that DD is gonna trade Schoop in a stupid trade.

BTW, what do you think of Kiehl Frazier for this year. If he can step up, I think we're gonna surprise a lot of people this year. Defense is going to be loads better.

IMO, it is silly that these picks can be traded or whatever. If the purpose of the pick is to offer a sort of competitive balance, then it seems silly to trade it.

I will say it would be tremendously disappointing if this pick were traded by our FO.

BTW, what do you think of Kiehl Frazier for this year. If he can step up, I think we're gonna surprise a lot of people this year. Defense is going to be loads better.

I'm looking for Kiehl to have the kind of jump Tajh Boyd of Clemson had from his freshmen to sophomore year. I think it's possible and really he doesn't need to have that big of a jump for us to be successful because, as you said, I think the defense is going to turn some heads. With all that talent and a d-coordinator like VanGorder...phew boy, they could be an upper tier SEC defense. (Not LSU or Bama level obviously, but who is?)

I'm looking for Kiehl to have the kind of jump Tajh Boyd of Clemson had from his freshmen to sophomore year. I think it's possible and really he doesn't need to have that big of a jump for us to be successful because, as you said, I think the defense is going to turn some heads. With all that talent and a d-coordinator like VanGorder...phew boy, they could be an upper tier SEC defense. (Not LSU or Bama level obviously, but who is?)

We're not there yet, but with the defensive guys they have coming in so far with the next class, they're on their way.

If Kiehl can just be a slightly above average QB and all those young guys on the OL make the same jump from FR to SO, our running game can carry us a long way. McCalebb, Mason and Blakely (with Proesch blocking) should put up big numbers in the backfield.

Archived