Orioles' Duquette: "Our future is now."

Greg

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I wouldn't trade one of them for him.

Oh please. When do our home grown prospects ever do anything significant in the majors? (Other than the 1st rounders obviously). Absolutely you do that trade because theres a good chance that neither of those guys ever make the majors. Everyone is tradeable excpet the big two.

We will never make it over the hump by refusing to trade prospects. Check out our top 30 lists over the years. The success rate is tiny, even for good systems and we have an awful system.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh please. When do our home grown prospects ever do anything significant in the majors? (Other than the 1st rounders obviously). Absolutely you do that trade because theres a good chance that neither of those guys ever make the majors. Everyone is tradeable excpet the big two.

We will never make it over the hump by refusing to trade prospects. Check out our top 30 lists over the years. The success rate is tiny, even for good systems and we have an awful system.

Can I cut and paste this into the OH Credibility Killers thread?

What purpose does trading for Joe Saunders serve, whether or not either of those guys providing MLB value were a crapshoot?

I get the feeling dd wants to try to end with a winning record this year and use that to go to Peter Angelos and say "look at how much we improved and weve finally had a winning season". So he can make a run this offseason and a big splash with a few big name free agents. Because he knows bundy, machado schoop are close to ready and with a core of weiters davis hardy markakis jones chen hammel and Johnson as a starter next year they could make the playoffs by adding 3 key additions this coming offseason. I dont think his goal is to necessarily make playoffs all tho that would be nice but he doesnt want a collapse so he can use this season to get Peter to allow him and buck to go all in this offseason.

This article is very encouraging. Dan needs to send a clear message to the Oriole players that the way they are playing is unacceptable. It wouldn't bother me if Dan traded Jake Arrieta, Brian Matusz, and Chris Tillman. The Orioles have given these guys plenty of chances to establish themselves in the major leagues. I also hope that Dan releases or trades Mark Reynolds. There is no point in keeping this guy. Send the Oriole players a message Dan! It is time to put up or shut up in Oriole land.

This article is very encouraging. Dan needs to send a clear message to the Oriole players that the way they are playing is unacceptable. It wouldn't bother me if Dan traded Jake Arrieta' date=' Brian Matusz, and Chris Tillman. The Orioles have given these guys plenty of chances to establish themselves in the major leagues. I also hope that Dan releases or trades Mark Reynolds. There is no point in keeping this guy. Send the Oriole players a message Dan! It is time to put up or shut up in Oriole land.[/quote']

I don't think I've ever read a post from you that identified a rational middle ground. It's either over-the-top love or over-the-top ire.

Can I cut and paste this into the OH Credibility Killers thread?

What purpose does trading for Joe Saunders serve, whether or not either of those guys providing MLB value were a crapshoot?

Well it would help us possibly finish the season around 500. Or at least save us the embarrasment of going 20-52 the rest of the way.

I am tired of seeing the Orioles lose. What else can I say? Most of the Oriole players are playing bad baseball right now and they all should be on the trading block and traded if Dan gets a good offer for them. I don't want to see the Orioles be 15-20 under 500. That is what is going to happen soon if Dan does not bring in some reinforcements.

Well it would help us possibly finish the season around 500. Or at least save us the embarrasment of going 20-52 the rest of the way.

Does it matter if they partially gutted the farm to finish with 75 wins instead 63? I would hope most fans would oppose this.

I'm not going to trade a valuable young pitching prospect for that.

Besides, over the last three and a half years, he's been worth a total of 5.2 WAR. Pro-rated, that puts him at about .64 WAR for the rest of the season. That may be the equivalent of leaning into the finish line, but it doesn't do as any good in getting to the finish line. But by all means, trade a young, LHP prospect who's getting good reviews out of A-ball for it. That'll change the course of Oriole history, without question.

With the exception of Headley or Garza OR a trade and extend what would making trades get you. You either make the playoffs, lose to a superior team, and have nothing next year in the farm to support you OR you make the trades, fail to make the playoffs, and have nothing on the farm for next year.

At some point the Orioles have to learn to develop and fine tune thier prospects or suatained winning will never happen.

With the exception of Headley or Garza OR a trade and extend what would making trades get you. You either make the playoffs, lose to a superior team, and have nothing next year in the farm to support you OR you make the trades, fail to make the playoffs, and have nothing on the farm for next year.

At some point the Orioles have to learn to develop and fine tune thier prospects or suatained winning will never happen.

This. I don't want to trade Hoes, Avery, Schoop or Machado for a run this year. Bundy is off the table.

Archived