Pirates and Orioles "among the teams pushing hardest for Headley"

MrOrange82

As long as it isn't Machado or Bundy, get it done. I love Matusz but I'm willing to give him or Arrieta if that's what it takes.

Headley would fit perfectly for this team and for this ballpark. They can take Betemit too while they're at it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luckily, his performance has spiked significantly away from PETCO. 664 OPS at home and 815 OPS away, both with a robust 1200-1300 plate appearances.

Is he going to hit in the AL? I mean, it is a legitimate question right?

I'd love to get Headley, but I'm not moving Schoop for him. Matusz, Avery and Bridwell (or comparable level prospect) is about as high as I'd go.....which probably doesn't get it done.

Bridwell is not a chip of value at ths point. But I see your point.

You know Schoop is just blasting the ball the last month. Makes me think he might be closer to the majors than we might of thought at the start of this year.

I dont want to give up Schoop. I would rather give them Matusz. Wouldnt he like to pitch in a big park and play in Southern California?

If I'm sacrificing one of our prospects, it's going to be Schoop. I fully expect Machado to be up sooner, rather than later, and getting Headley for third means that Machado will likely take over 1b, with Hardy moving over to 2b. Headley will make for less of a need for an infielding prospect.

Is he going to hit in the AL? I mean, it is a legitimate question right?

What are some of his splits against the NL's better pitchers? He faces Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner, Kershaw, Kennedy, Cahill on a regular basis. I would like to see how he hits them in their respective ballparks.

I'm torn as to whether I'd give up Schoop to get a Headley deal done. In many respects, as some posters have mentioned, Headley's road numbers are what we'd ideally hope that Schoop could put up some day. So, why not increase the likelihood of actually seeing that production by just dealing for a finished product now? Unfortunately, things don't usually work that simply. The NL-to-AL transition can be hard for even the most talented players, and would we really want to give up Schoop+ for what could potentially end up being entire year of mixed/below-average (for Headley) performance (half of his remaining time)? The way the Orioles have been playing recently, the prospect of having two above-average-to-great infielders come up together with fairly long term cost control in place seems like the better modus operandi.

I think it would be a mistake.

Dude, have you not been paying attention? Chase Headley is the answer to all of our problems. We'd probably be a lock for the playoffs if we had him. He's the best third baseman since Brooks.

Let these people have their day, Scorpio. We could be on the verge of getting a cornerstone of the franchise.

You've seen the statues they're releasing this year of Orioles greats? They'll make one of Chase Headley someday. As soon as he gets out of Petco, he's a lock for the HoF. I just hope it happens in an Orioles uniform.

I think it would be a mistake.

I would love to have Headley, but I would NOT give up any of the big three for him. If we could get him for one of the cavalry and some lesser prospects, I'd consider it. I don't think it's going to happen.

If I'm sacrificing one of our prospects, it's going to be Schoop. I fully expect Machado to be up sooner, rather than later, and getting Headley for third means that Machado will likely take over 1b, with Hardy moving over to 2b. Headley will make for less of a need for an infielding prospect.

No way Manny will be playing 1B. You don't take a 19 year old, in his first stint in the majors and put him in a position he has never played before!

No way Manny will be playing 1B. You don't take a 19 year old, in his first stint in the majors and put him in a position he has never played before!

Pretty sure that was a typo and he meant to say SS. That's why he had Hardy moving to 2B.

Dude, have you not been paying attention? Chase Headley is the answer to all of our problems. We'd probably be a lock for the playoffs if we had him. He's the best third baseman since Brooks.

Let these people have their day, Scorpio. We could be on the verge of getting a cornerstone of the franchise.

You've seen the statues they're releasing this year of Orioles greats? They'll make one of Chase Headley someday. As soon as he gets out of Petco, he's a lock for the HoF. I just hope it happens in an Orioles uniform.

Dude your cynicsm has finally gotten the best of you. Headley would be a clear upgrade for now and the future. I would hate to give up Schoop but if it gets us one of the better 3b in the league, in his prime, then so be it!

My guess is that he'd do about the same overall for the Orioles as he has done for the Padres. The NL West has a lot of tough pitchers.

Ok, That's pretty good. And he would be a slight defensive upgrade as well. Not sure we have the minor league depth to pull off a deal for an offensive push and a defensive upgrade at this point.

Archived