Jim Thome is embarrassing himself and the team is suffering because of him

zero1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It only works when it is organic. Like the Take to Vegas, Book It threads. In the beginning. It takes someone willing to put it out there. To get banned for the cause. Self-Immolation. It takes a hero.

It takes a Thief.

And he guarantees that the opposing pitcher will throw 10 pitches in the first inning. We have had line ups that did not require that.

Yeah, with Nick batting 1st and Thome 3rd, that's two patient hitters in the first three.

Yeah, with Nick batting 1st and Thome 3rd, that's two patient hitters in the first three.

Oh man, if Nolan Reimold were here, we would have all 3 batters at the top of the lineup with a lot of patience. Damn.

Wow, does he look horrible. I knew it was a terrible idea to add another DH to this team (especially one that is past his prime in Thome) but he is even worse than I expected him to be. Gardenhire intentionally walked JJ Hardy and his .217 batting average twice to get to Thome this series and both times Thome failed miserably. There is no reason to not pinch hit Pearce today but because of Buck's obsession with the old "track record" he didn't.

Not only has he been horrible at the plate but he makes the defense even worse than it was before he got here. I'm not saying that Avery is Gardner in LF but I would much rather him in LF than Davis. Also, he would add speed to the lineup that is desperately needed. So, instead of having a OF who adds much needed speed to the team playing in LF and having Davis at DH where he belongs the team has a washed up DH and a DH playing LF.

He's a great guy from what I read and it's not his fault that regardless of who the manager or gm is that the O's are in love with over the hill players. It's also not his fault that Buck bats him in the middle of the order, but he is embarrassing himself at this point and should strongly consider retiring for his own good and also the good of the team.

Can we now remove this thread to prevent further embarrassment?

No....no....infact zero needs to make some more similar threads about other orioles players immmediately!! Ha.....go Thome!!!

Zero in a handle of a guy that writes a thread that coincides with a guy getting red hot....Classic!

Oh and he nearly has 2 homers tonight as he really hit the 1st one good as well.

Archived