Orioles Acquire Omar Quintanilla

Greg

Like that we've gotten someone who can play defense, but I'd really like it if we could get a guy who could do both. (HINT: rhymes with Lace Steadly)

Is he a second baseman and a back up short stop? Cause that is what this guy is. And disposable if need be.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very possible they just option Tolleson.. lol
Sounds right to me.

Don't think so. Quintanilla bats left-handed, just like Flaherty. If they option Tolleson, they'll have nobody to play 2B against left-handed pitchers.

It does make me think something's about to happen with Flaherty.

I have seen lineups where Omar was the number two hitter.

Stinky Cheese move as far as i'm concerned. I dont think it hurts anything if it means sending out Flaherty. Unlike some here I'd actually like to see Tolleson play everyday. Either way I want to see a move or two for a relevant player. I'd like one of them to be Headley and a lesser one for a LF like Willingham. Then add a decent SP that be counted on as more as a rental.

He splits out much better againt RHP. His splits against RHP are really good this year (841 OPS). His splits against LHP are horrible. We're looking at a platoon with Tolleson at second base from what I can see. I expect a trade of Flaherty in the next day or so.

edit: looks like his Mil L/R splits are also extremely pronounced.

Archived