Orioles Acquire Omar Quintanilla

Greg

Now we just need to add Headley for 3B and we will be getting back on track defensively.

I agree Omar Q. will be a great defensive addition to our ball club and I also think adding Headley should be our primary aim. We have more talent on our pitching staff than many of us may think and with Headley I think we could produce more runs than our pitchers give up more often than not. That is the only way to win after all. Score more runs than your opponent

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to name all of the sites I was on today but several of them think we have the inside track on obtaining Headley. Apparently the Dodgers are interested as well but they don't expect the Padres to deal him to their rival.

If the orioles are serious about winning and winning soon, the Headley trade is a no brainer.

Give them matusz, flaherty and any other mid level prospect they want plus cash or whatever else they want.

Make it happen. The upgrade we'd get from having a solid defensive 3b for the first time in years would be huge for our pitching staff.....not to mention, the guy can hit!

11 home runs and 10 stolen bases thus far this season and he's batting in petco. I'd love to see what he'd do at Camden yards.

If we had an infield of headley, hardy, quintanilla and reynolds/Davis/betemit at 1b, i'd honestly be thrilled about our potential as a defensive baseball team.

Chris Davis has exceeded all expectations in left and markakis has been his usual solid self.

With what we've seen from tillman and gonzo, now may just be the time!

Grienke and headley get this team well above .500 and close to the playoffs. That's my honest opinion.

Without them I think we have yet another losing season. There is a ripple effect of bringing in winners and quality players. We have the ability and opportunity to aquire two of those at key positions.

Go all in Dan! We may not even make the playoffs but who cares, we start winning and winning consistently and it'll be worth every single dollar we pay and prospect we give up.

That's how desperate I am to see the O's have one freaking winning season!

On a side note.... not sure why... but i keep saying to myself:

tumblr_lnt1dhLzPi1qavmb0o1_r1_500.gif

O-MAR COMIN!!!

Why do you think your .350 OBP this year is so much higher than your career .278 mark?

I think it's just the repetition. Playing every day helps a lot. Whereas in the past I was pinch-hitting here and there and that was a little tougher for me. So getting out there, the repetition, seeing different pitches, helps you a lot.

Your former college teammate Taylor Teagarden says you can do a lot of little things to help a team win. How would you describe yourself?

I'm kind of like a scrappy player. I'll go out there and give it my all. And try to do anything to help the team win.

Can you keep the .350 on-base percentage going?

It is something I take pride in. You want to be on base all the time for the big boppers. I'll go out there and take every at-bat seriously. That's my thing, to try and get on base every time.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-an-interview-with-the-newest-oriole-omar-quintanilla-20120721,0,6708957.story

I saw late last week that the thje O's traded with the Mets for Omar Quantilla. I dont see anything about him. Anyone have any info on this player?

Former Rockies prospect, now 30, has never hit at all in about a season's worth of sporadic at bats. At least not until a decent showing in 80 PAs for the Mets this year. Appears to have a good glove. .801 OPS in AAA, but almost all of that in high-offense PCL parks, so he's likely a high-.600s OPS hitter in the majors, at best. It's telling that he appears be behind Ryan Flaherty and his .550 OPS on the depth chart.

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmmmmmm.......Ive never heard of him being a power hitter. He has 4 HR this year.....Im just saying.

The article says he tested for Methylhexaneamine, which is in no less the a dozen things you can buy at GNC. And it's a stimulant, not a steroid. It's used for fat burning and/or pre-exercise stimulation. I've taken it in a few supplements (OxyElite and Jack3d). If you take enough, you get a rush equal to a Red Bull.

Perhaps do a little reading before jumping to conclusions? Im just saying.

I didnt jump to conclusions. You did. I just was musing out loud. Not the same thing as drawing a conclusion.

I honestly don't know how to politely respond to that.

And Methylhexaneamine is as much of a PED as a Venti Mocha Frappacino is. Rules are rules of course, and he got what he deserved. But his hat size will stay the same.

Archived