Anyone heading to Cleveland?

JDubs

Good evening O's fans! Tomorrow morning, my wife, some friends, and I will pile into our car and head to Cleveland to support our birds.

Anyone else going? Any advice on things to do? We know that Cleveland is not exactly Disneyland, but people say the same about Baltimore and we know you can have a great time here.

I've heard good things about Cleveland's little Italy. I've also heard that the Rock and Roll museum is overpriced. Any good bars? Other diversions?

Let's go O's!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good evening O's fans! Tomorrow morning, my wife, some friends, and I will pile into our car and head to Cleveland to support our birds.

Anyone else going? Any advice on things to do? We know that Cleveland is not exactly Disneyland, but people say the same about Baltimore and we know you can have a great time here.

I've heard good things about Cleveland's little Italy. I've also heard that the Rock and Roll museum is overpriced. Any good bars? Other diversions?

Let's go O's!

You're going to the games, and I'm not.

You bastard. :)

Sorry man. Been there twice (got to watch them sweep us in April last year) and outside of the R&R HOF (which I liked) there ain't much going on.

Try wikitravel and see what they say.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

We kind of expected as much, but we know we'll be happy to find a bar and grab some beers. We just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything. Sounds like there is nothing to miss. :)

You know a city is pretty lame when the fourth highest rated locale according to TripAdvisor is a cemetery....lol.

EDIT: Proof here.

Just a suggestion, but if you have to, just enjoy the games that you go to, the air-conditioned hotel with cable TV that you stay at, and the round-trip drive from Maryland to Ohio and back again. It could be worse. :)

Zagat's most recent writer didn't exactly have a glowing report:

[video=youtube;AN0WqSeCKW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0WqSeCKW8

That was really funny. I need to get in touch with Joakim. Not because he is wrong, but because I want to be the first person to tell him that I'm going to Cleveland for vacation (if you want to call it that).

For the record, we are going on a lark, but my memories of bus-loads of Indian fans invading memorial stadium, and then OPACY in its early days, is my secret motivation. Time for some payback!

Just a suggestion, but if you have to, just enjoy the games that you go to, the air-conditioned hotel with cable TV that you stay at, and the round-trip drive from Maryland to Ohio and back again. It could be worse. :)

Sounds good enough to me!

I have seen many different cities, and I love Cleveland. It's strength is its neighborhoods. Little Italy is a nice choice. Tremont and Lakewood are also great neighborhoods to check out and are close to downtown. The West Side Market in Ohio City is awesome. Next to the West Side Market is the Great Lakes Brewery, which I hear is great place to have a beer.

I'm going to the game either tonight or Sunday. Go O's!

Let's go O's!

What is overpriced is the gasoline to get to Cleveland. The Rock Hall is well worth the money. heck, you are already there. The Horseshoe is nice, but not for kids. Enjoy the game! Horseshoe and Hall are within walking distance of the park.

Archived