Anyone heading to Cleveland?

JDubs

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went to the game last night. Great win! And afterwards they had a fireworks show set to Beatles music. Awesome! Thome and Flahery absolutely crushed their hrs. Strop looked (and sounded) really good.

Were you the guy in the second row on the first base side of the field that had 2 kids, and all 3 of you had "Orioles" jerseys on ???

Went to the game last night. Great win! And afterwards they had a fireworks show set to Beatles music. Awesome! Thome and Flahery absolutely crushed their hrs. Strop looked (and sounded) really good.

That was the best fireworks show I have ever seen. Just incredible!

Up in the nose bleeds in right field. Going back today and sitting front row in left.

OK, I'll look for you.

And, have fun eating some ice cream and stuff with the wife and kiddies this afternoon. :)

OK, I'll look for you.

And, have fun eating some ice cream and stuff with the wife and kiddies this afternoon. :)

Awesome, thanks! I think we will be sitting just above the bud light sign in left. I'll be wearing either my black Wieters jersey or my grey/orange O's shirt (wearing layers).

Let's get it done Britton!

I don't think they were. Cleveland seems to get a lot of unwarranted hate.

Well, don't know what to say...

Other that to point out there's a rant section on OH.

This thread is intended to serve as a rally for the away stand.

I also enjoyed my time in Cleveland when I was there. Great food scene by the way. Check out a restaurant called Lola. One of the best places I have ever been to.
Yes, Lola is supposed to be great. I believe it's owned by Michael Simon from Iron Chef. Someone told me the other day that the Greenhouse Tavern is the best in Cleveland. It's also downtown.

Lake Erie is nice. The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is on the lake and well worth the price. Edgewater Park is a great park from which to see the lake and skyline -- 5 minutes from downtown.

Yep, the first thing I'd be doing it finding a Michael Symon restaurant, which is what Lola is. No more rep pip for you. :D
If you do in fact go to the Greenhouse Tavern and aren't concerned about your waistline (hey it's vacation anyway) then get an

order of the animal style frites.

So I tried to get a reservation at Lola, but it's booked up. I did, however, go to Greenhouse Tavern on 4th street last night...even had the animal-style fries. So good and a really cool place.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I'll pass around some rep when I get home. It's really difficult to do from my phone.

The four of us (wife and two friends) are pre-gaming with a case of Yuengling at the hotel. Let's get this party started!

ps I'll will say that Cleveland really doesn't seem used to having opposing fans in their city. People have randomly stopped us on the street to repeatedly let us know how unwelcome we are. We don't mind--we can take it--but have been a little surprised. My wife refused to wear anything O's-related to brunch for fear of being accosted again. And she loves wearing O's gear.

EDIT: It would be unfair to omit the fact that the people involved have been drunk idiots, for the most part. We have also encountered some tremendously nice people.

Were you the guy in the second row on the first base side of the field that had 2 kids, and all 3 of you had "Orioles" jerseys on ???

No. I was in the first row behind the Indians dugout with an Orioles jersey on. My company has an office in Cleveland, hence the awesome free tickets.

No. I was in the first row behind the Indians dugout with an Orioles jersey on. My company has an office in Cleveland, hence the awesome free tickets.

Archived