Anyone heading to Cleveland?

JDubs

The four of us (wife and two friends) are pre-gaming with a case of Yuengling at the hotel. Let's get this party started!

ps I'll will say that Cleveland really doesn't seem used to having opposing fans in their city. People have randomly stopped us on the street to repeatedly let us know how unwelcome we are. We don't mind--we can take it--but have been a little surprised. My wife refused to wear anything O's-related to brunch for fear of being accosted again. And she loves wearing O's gear.

EDIT: It would be unfair to omit the fact that the people involved have been drunk idiots, for the most part. We have also encountered some tremendously nice people.

Given how hard the city has taken a hit (economically) following the departure of LeBro, you'd think they'd appreciate any outside business they could get.

Seriously, if people went out of their way to say stuff like that (unless they were just being Shticky/just being fun), I'd bring that up. "Just figured we'd come throw you a bone since LeBro and his talents are still in South Beach."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why all the hate for Cleveland? It's so similar to Baltimore it's not even funny.
My apologies for the misplaced rant, but why must people always put down cities/places/regions? Is it to feel better about their own choices for where they decided to live? Certainly I like some places better than others, but every city has fun stuff to do.

Well, I've never been to Cleveland ......

But I've been to Oklahoma.

Given how hard the city has taken a hit (economically) following the departure of LeBro, you'd think they'd appreciate any outside business they could get.

Seriously, if people went out of their way to say stuff like that (unless they were just being Shticky/just being fun), I'd bring that up. "Just figured we'd come throw you a bone since LeBro and his talents are still in South Beach."

I've had some pretty good responses along these lines. ;)

Went to the game last night. Great win! And afterwards they had a fireworks show set to Beatles music. Awesome! Thome and Flahery absolutely crushed their hrs. Strop looked (and sounded) really good.

Yeah - I was there also and called Thome's dinger just prior - with Injun fans. Fireworks and musical accompaniment were awesome! 26 minutes long! Great night in Cleveland!

Yeah - I was there also and called Thome's dinger just prior - with Injun fans. Fireworks and musical accompaniment were awesome! 26 minutes long! Great night in Cleveland!

I really can't stress enough how amazing the fireworks were. After about 15 minutes and what appeared to be 3 finales...my mouth just dropped open and I was in awe. I thought the whole city was going to burn down.

I really can't stress enough how amazing the fireworks were. After about 15 minutes and what appeared to be 3 finales...my mouth just dropped open and I was in awe. I thought the whole city was going to burn down.

Gave a strong "oooooooh" for you guys during the anthem.

So I tried to get a reservation at Lola, but it's booked up. I did, however, go to Greenhouse Tavern on 4th street last night...even had the animal-style fries. So good and a really cool place.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I'll pass around some rep when I get home. It's really difficult to do from my phone.

I appreciate it. I know my food, so glad I could help. What else did you do in Cleveland?

I appreciate it. I know my food, so glad I could help. What else did you do in Cleveland?

I'll definitely update this thread once we get home. I think tonight will give us the best chance to do some things. Thanks again!

4 full pages of posts, and well over 1,300 views.

A thread that was a well-deserved shot of respectability for loyal Oriole fans who cheer the team on from Boston to San Diego and everywhere in between. .:cool:

Archived