Possible Cubs/O's trade brewing?

Dark Helmet

The Cubs will sell Dempster separately and get as much value as they can for him.

And IMO Soriano has having a decent enough season that the Cubs would probably be able to sell him by himself for a minor prospect while eating very little of his contract.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One would think Duquette has other moves that would follow any trade of Flaherty. Maybe a Marco Scutaro or someone of that ilk, to play 2B.

I don't think so..they traded for Quintinilla for a reason. He is a bridge to Andino...btw Adams is on his way back through rehab and I would be ok with him at 2B assuming he is healthy.

Terrible trade for the Orioles .... Soriano is trash .... Dempster is a rental .... No way they are getting Strop...Flaherty I dont care about ...and really all moving Reynolds be traded in this deal does is move Davis to 1B and puts another poor fielding LF in our outfield.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see how Soriano is "garbage." He's actually having a pretty decent year

I would think part of us taking Soriano is them taking Reynolds.

Makes no sense really. We can buy out Reynolds after this year for 500,000. Soriano has 36 mil left owed to him over the next two years.

Terrible trade for the Orioles .... Soriano is trash .... Dempster is a rental .... No way they are getting Strop...Flaherty I dont care about ...and really all moving Reynolds be traded in this deal does is move Davis to 1B and puts another poor fielding LF in our outfield.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how is he 'trash'? He'd come in and be the team leader in RBI's, be top 5 in runs, ops, slugging, average, HR, and WAR. He has no errors and has above average UZR. Now, I'm no fan, but I really can't see how this guy is trash. Before you jump on me or call me stupid, I want to be clear that this is an honest question. To the average (me), I really can't see why trading for him, assuming most of his contract was paid by the cubs, is a bad thing...especially considering Reynolds is going to get expensive next year if he's still around.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how is he 'trash'? He'd come in and be the team leader in RBI's, be top 5 in runs, ops, slugging, average, HR, and WAR. He has no errors and has above average UZR. Now, I'm no fan, but I really can't see how this guy is trash. Before you jump on me or call me stupid, I want to be clear that this is an honest question. To the average (me), I really can't see why trading for him, assuming most of his contract was paid by the cubs, is a bad thing...especially considering Reynolds is going to get expensive next year if he's still around.

Oh man, you did it now...

"Soriano Haters" unite!

Sound the trumpets!!!

In what universe is getting Dempster during a playoff run a terrible idea? I swear, I don't understand this attitude. It's been 15 years since we were in a real playoff race. At what point do people start supporting the team we have now instead of whining about some future that may never materialize?

BTW I could see DD being stupid enough to take on Soriano's 36 mil over the next two years but were not getting Dempster in the same deal.

Exactly what has DD ever done, either when he was with the Red Sox or since he's been with the O's that makes you think he's stupid?

I'm calling shenanigans on this one...

No reason the cubs would take Reynolds unless they're doing favors, which I doubt very much.

Plus, I like the idea of holding on to Strop and trying him out at closer next year so JJohnson can move to the rotation ;)

Archived