Bundy Moving Up?

kakesmvp

Hey,

I just wanted to pass along some information I received today from my brother. He is currently an intern for the Winston Salem Dash. Well one of the other workers with the Dash has befriended Dylan Bundy (though I'm not sure how). Anyways my brother is friends with this worker also. Bundy was sitting behind homeplate today at the game and this worker went to talk with him. They talked for a while. My brother was told by her that Bundy said he would be moving to Bowie after his next start. Now I can't assure how accurate this is, as I wasn't there. I'm just passing along information that my brother received and I thought The OH would appreciate.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. Sounds possible to me. If he has a few starts at AA this year and does well, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibilities that we see him in Baltimore in September. I could see him coming in from the bullpen to get his feet wet. How cool would it be to see him dominate out of the bullpen in the playoffs ala David Price when he first came up!!! I can dream can't I?

He is on the 40 man, so he's got that going for him... which is nice.

The notion of Bundy, Schoop and Machado playing together, to prep for a playoff run strikes me as exciting as the O's making a push at the playoffs. I really like the idea of all three of these guys, aged between 19-21 playing together and in the playoff hunt.

He started 8 games at A and 9 at A+. 2.98 ERA at Frederick is very good but not dominating.

I'm okay with moving him up, but do think he could have used another start or two at Frederick.

Umm, I think they said after his next start, so he will get another start at Frederick.

The notion of Bundy, Schoop and Machado playing together, to prep for a playoff run strikes me as exciting as the O's making a push at the playoffs. I really like the idea of all three of these guys, aged between 19-21 playing together and in the playoff hunt.

Agreed. Makes you think of the days when the Indians had Thome, Belle, Ramirez, Nagy, and Baerga coming through their system at the same time.

If this is true will they allow him to use his best pitch? I understand limiting the use of the cutter to develop his secondary pitches and fastball command against lesser talent. I don't know if I would want him facing AA hitters without his best pitch. Plus would fit into the thought of him coming out of the pen for the O's in September.

From what I heard at the beginning of the year, the plan all along was to give him 8-10 starts at Delmarva and then 8-10 starts at Frederick before pushing him to finish out the year in Bowie. I see no reason that this is still not the plan.

From what I heard at the beginning of the year, the plan all along was to give him 8-10 starts at Delmarva and then 8-10 starts at Frederick before pushing him to finish out the year in Bowie. I see no reason that this is still not the plan.

I doubt many people in the organization thought that we could possibly be fighting for the wildcard (or even the division) in September though. Do you think there is a shot that we see Bundy in Baltimore this year Tony?

I doubt many people in the organization thought that we could possibly be fighting for the wildcard (or even the division) in September though. Do you think there is a shot that we see Bundy in Baltimore this year Tony?

I am not Tony but the organization has consistently floated the possibility out there that he could get a taste before the end of the season.

I also hope that if he goes to AA that they let him use his entire selection of pitches. If he really has done what he has without his best pitch he very well might be the difference maker we have been waiting for.

I was about to say something to the effect of "oh you mean the obvious pre-season plan has not been deviated from and will be carried out exactly as expected?"

How many of us talked in April about the plan to get Bundy's feet wet in Delmarva, have him work a good chunk of the season in Frederick, and let him finish in Bowie if he's earned it? His season has gone as scripted developmentally.

I was about to say something to the effect of "oh you mean the obvious pre-season plan has not been deviated from and will be carried out exactly as expected?"

How many of us talked in April about the plan to get Bundy's feet wet in Delmarva, have him work a good chunk of the season in Frederick, and let him finish in Bowie if he's earned it? His season has gone as scripted developmentally.

Speaking for myself, this snuck up on me. Yes, it was always the plan. No, I didn't realize there's only about 5 weeks left in the AA season. Time flies.

Archived