Possible Tejada scenario?

Sports Guy

Others that will give you an OPS+ of 126? Please, name them.

You may not replace him with one player but if you added Burrell, Ensberg, Kotchman and Aybar, you have more than improved the offense from where it is now.

You have also greatly improved the defense, which helps the pitching, which will put a huge dent into the 250-300 runs we need to make up.

The OBP would be much higher as well, which will lead to more runs.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably not. I think we're going to be stacked in the starting pitching area and have squat available the next 3 years as far as position players go. The Tigers let their young pitching develop, signed a veteran mid level starter in Rogers, and added solid veteran FA bats. Seems to be working for them.

And no one is saying not to add FA bats.

I know you like Duq but it amazes me that you think this team will make the right moves and spend the money needed to be a contender next year and if you don't think we can contend next year, there is no need to hold onto Tejada.

Our only hope to contend next year will be on the arms of DCab, Loewen and maybe Penn.

Why do you think the Tigers are where they are today? Because of Maggs, Jones, Rogers and Ordonez or Verlander, Zumaya, Rodney, Granderson, Robertson. et al?

The Tigers highly overpaid for some FA and some have worked to an extent but they are where they are because of the young pitching.

Last offseason, there was a rumor we could have gotten Verlander(and others) for Tejada...Would you have made that deal? Woudl you make it now?

Unrelated point, but Tigers and overpay reminded me of Juan Gonzalez. How thankful must Illitch and Co. be that he turned down their $140m contract offer.

Good point about Verlander... You can get a guy of his caliber before he breaks out at the MLB level. You have no chance once he has. Therefore if you don't have the courage to pull the trigger you have no chance at reaping the rewards.

Unrelated point, but Tigers and overpay reminded me of Juan Gonzalez. How thankful must Illitch and Co. be that he turned down their $140m contract offer.

Good point about Verlander... You can get a guy of his caliber before he breaks out at the MLB level. You have no chance once he has. Therefore if you don't have the courage to pull the trigger you have no chance at reaping the rewards.

We also could have had Milledge and Reyes.

You may not replace him with one player but if you added Burrell, Ensberg, Kotchman and Aybar, you have more than improved the offense from where it is now.

You have also greatly improved the defense, which helps the pitching, which will put a huge dent into the 250-300 runs we need to make up.

The OBP would be much higher as well, which will lead to more runs.

You have no idea if those guys will be available. In case you haven;t noticed we don;t have a whole hell of a lot to trade with right now.

You have no idea if those guys will be available. In case you haven;t noticed we don;t have a whole hell of a lot to trade with right now.

I know Burrell is available.

All indications are Ensberg will be available.

Aybar and Kotchman are available for Tejada or a player like him i am sure.

I know Burrell is available.

All indications are Ensberg will be available.

Aybar and Kotchman are available for Tejada or a player like him i am sure.

Who are you trading for them? Will Burrell waive his NTC. You assume a hell of a lot in you fantasy trades. You have no idea if any other GM is interested in any of our non pitching talent.

Who are you trading for them? Will Burrell waive his NTC. You assume a hell of a lot in you fantasy trades. You have no idea if any other GM is interested in any of our non pitching talent.

LOL..I find it funny that you bash me talking about Burrell, yet you have said the Orioles will go after him again and if he doesn't come here, i go after Geoff Jenkins, who had a bad year last year but has been as good or a better offensive player than Carlos Lee for much of his career, plus he is much better defensively. We could get him for peanuts.

I said Benson for Ensberg. The Stros are looking at possibly losing 2 starters...They will need to add someone.

Archived