Yankees have acquired Ichiro Suzuki

Greg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think the change of scenery (and position in the standings) may do him good. Ichiro hasn't been to the playoffs since his first season in Seattle, he has often been one of the only decent players on the Mariners, that has to grind on a guy.

I think he is a stat guy and that is by far what drives him.

It's done.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/yankees-acquire-ichiro-suzuki.html

Ichiro to the Yankees while the Yankees are in town. He could make his Yankee debut in Seattle. Friggin' surreal. There were like 5 'WTF?!' in the office in the last few minutes as people heard.

I'm envisioning Ichiro walking across the diamond, and Derek Jeter like a borg, assimilates Ichiro into a Yankee uniform.

That is why he didn't win the FB or GG last season.

Ichiro's age caught up to him in a big way last season.

You're making an argument with Gold Gloves, an award given out by popularity? Come on...

Ichiro did have a down year last year defensively, you're right. But those things happen. Just like players have random years pitching or hitting.

Ichiro has the best UZR in the MLB so far this year, by a whopping 3 points.

Ichiro has deceptive power too, he could be aided by the airflow in Yankee Stadium.

Or it can hurt him. A player like Ichiro can greatly benefit from a huge playing fielding. More gaps to drive the ball, more ways to use your speed...

It's done.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/yankees-acquire-ichiro-suzuki.html

Ichiro to the Yankees while the Yankees are in town. He could make his Yankee debut in Seattle. Friggin' surreal. There were like 5 'WTF?!' in the office in the last few minutes as people heard.

I'm envisioning Ichiro walking across the diamond, and Derek Jeter like a borg, assimilates Ichiro into a Yankee uniform.

Ichiro had full 10/5 rights so he signed off on the deal. I love the deal I hope the Yanks trade for more guys that are shells of their former selves.

You're making an argument with Gold Gloves, an award given out by popularity? Come on...

Ichiro did have a down year last year defensively, you're right. But those things happen. Just like players have random years pitching or hitting.

Ichiro has the best UZR in the MLB so far this year, by a whopping 3 points.

And past winners have a huge advantage in keeping them, yet he didn't.

I also mentioned The Fielding Bible which is an award given out by people who actually understand defense.

And past winners have a huge advantage in keeping them, yet he didn't.

I also mentioned The Fielding Bible which is an award given out by people who actually understand defense.

The fact that you're still making an argument based on Gold Gloves is silly...

That's great that you mentioned the Fielding Bible. I also mentioned that Ichiro had a bad year defensively. There was no reason for him to win any fielding awards last year. Again, that's one random season. One season doesn't make you bad or good at anything.

It's funny because he WILL win awards this year.

Look at facts, not awards that don't tell you anything. The FACT is that he's by and far the best fielder in baseball so far this season. But yeah, his age really showed up last year.

Archived