Wieters is pretty bad offensively

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when he hit really well in his first spring training and an anonymous teammate was quoted as saying "that is the softest .400 I have ever seen." And its true. He's got to have the longest, laziest swing in baseball. Most of his hits (rare as such a thing might be) are lazy bloopers into the shallow outfield. I think it's time that we all realize that he's never going to be a star.

I don't know guys! I know he is struggling mightily left handed this year. His right handed swing still looks pretty good. But it is shorter and more compact than the left handed version. If only he could transfer that to the other side.

Being a switch hitter myself when I played I had the same problem only in reverse. My power side was my right side and I got into alot of bad habits on that side of the plate.

I think he might have to rework some things left handed. But I don't think it is something that is undoable.

Not a hitting coach but it looks to be all about timing, which I guess you could say about any hitter. No reason a man with his talent should be hitting this poor from the left side. Looks like he isn't letting the ball get deep as they say.

Archived