Mitchell Report Leaks Commence

FellsPointOsFan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Him and Pettitte are names I wouldn't be surprised at all to see on there.

Doesn't really mean much though, this whole thing is gonna be a huge flop. Its not going to prove or disprove anything.

I agree. People are talking about how today is going to be such a black mark for baseball. As if we all haven't known for a few years at least that tons of players were juicing. This may put names on it, but it isn't going to tarnish baseball any more than has already happened.

As an Orioles fan, though, I wonder if this report will take some attention away from all the Orioles who have popped up over the past couple years in steroid speculation/failed tests and shift the focus to guys on better teams. This could be a banner day for the O's! ;)

Clemens is yet another one who was named in Canseco's book.........

If we're all being honest we know that Tejada is going to be in there. Canseco's book had more truth in it then anybody wanted to admit at the time. Canseco pointed a finger at him and Palmerio pointed a finger at him. It's not a coincidence.

Yes he'll get in. It won't be for awhile though...

I disagree. There was talk among voters that Palmeiro didn't desrve to get in despite his numbers before the failed test. When he failed that drug test his chances for the HOF died.

Palmeiro, and maybe Sosa, will be the guys who steroids keep out.

It wouldn't surprise me either.

Makes sense......

I don't know how pitchers can "naturally" gain the ability to throw harder in their late 30's than they did in their late 20's and still be able to throw 100+ pitches on 4 days rest as effectively in their early 40's :eek: .

Not sure that it is just about throwing harder. I thought it had more to do with a pitcher's ability to bounce back from starts, and to avoid injury

This is a strange and unpopular view to have, and I won't even try to defend it, but pitchers using steroids doesn't bother me. Today's game is slanted so far in favor of hitters that pitchers, for lack of a better phrase, need all the help they can get.

But don't you see? The bulk of suspicion has been on hitters like McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Giambi, but pitchers have been primarily spared any scrutiny. If someone like Clemens is named, what other pitchers used steroids? And if they faced someone like Bonds, how did it impact the matchup?

People are so gung ho to jump all over Bonds, and want to put an asterisk on his career stats. But the reality is that he probably faced pitchers who were using steroids. How in the world can anyone reasonably say that Bonds should be dinged, even when it's likely that he hit against pitchers who likely cheated too?

Archived