vs. TAMPA BAY RAYS 7/25

OFFNY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now he is. Need him to heat up and hit like he did at the end of last year and the beginning of this year.

He had a pretty good AB. Just missed driving a couple pitches. I've never been a huge Wieters guy but he's also not as bad as he looks when he's slumping.

Can't be to upset. He provided our only offense last night.

Not with Adam individually, but that's the problem ........ the team is falling back into finding ways to lose, one way or another. Adam gave us our only offense last night, AND we had good starting pitching, and we lost. Tonight, he hit into a double play when we needed the opposite, and that combined with the disastrous top half of the inning has us losing by early by 4 runs.

I'm not saying that we won't come back and win tonight, I'm just saying that the team as a whole has been pissing me off for the last few games, including nearly blowing the game on Sunday.

Not with Adam individually, but that's the problem ........ the team is falling back into finding ways to lose, one way or another. Adam gave us our only offense last night, AND we had good starting pitching, and we lost. Tonight, he hit into a double play when we needed the opposite, and that combined with the disastrous top half of the inning has us losing by early by 4 runs.

I'm not saying that we won't come back and win tonight, I'm just saying that the team as a whole has been pissing me off for the last few games, including nearly blowing the game on Sunday.

Take a step back buddy.

I think we're so used to seeing this team--quite incredibly--nearly always find ways to win games this year that we overreact when the opposite happens. This kind of stuff is natural. Teams lose games they might've won all the time. Cleveland and Tampa can both stake a claim to having deserved the last two games more than we did. It's not like they were really hard-luck, extraordinarily misfortunate losses. They happen, and usually happen more often to the average team than they have to us this year.

Archived