Would DD Trade Wieters?

section18

Would DD trade Wieters? Most on here don't want to trade Machado or Bundy. Is Wieters an untouchable? If DD traded him we would have to get a catcher back plus others. Who would be interested in trading for him? The Angels? Cubs? Marlins? Possible trade partners for us involving several of their players.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would DD trade Wieters? Most on here don't want to trade Machado or Bundy. Is Wieters an untouchable? If DD traded him we would have to get a catcher back plus others. Who would be interested in trading for him? The Angels? Cubs? Marlins? Possible trade partners for us involving several of their players.

I think it would be crazy to trade Weiters, he's only 26. He's going to get better and is one of if not the best defensive catcher in the game. His hitting isn't great, but he can go on tears.

You are 100% correct. Great post. I have mixed feelings about him. We are not getting maximum production from him at the plate. Will we ever see it?

I think Buck would quit the day DD traded Wieters.

People get to down on Matt because he hasn't lived up to his lofty expectations, but guess what, he's still an elite catcher relatively speaking.

Acquiring elite prospects and then trading them before they fully mature is no way to build a good ball club. I don't think we should even be having this discussion before 2014.

I think it would be crazy to trade Weiters, he's only 26. He's going to get better and is one of if not the best defensive catcher in the game. His hitting isn't great, but he can go on tears.

You can say he's only 26, but that is old enough to know what you've got. He's been in the majors for 3 years. He is a good defensive catch and a horrible hitter. I would gladly trade him before his value becomes too drastically reduced.

You can say he's only 26, but that is old enough to know what you've got. He's been in the majors for 3 years. He is a good defensive catch and a horrible hitter. I would gladly trade him before his value becomes too drastically reduced.

Which catchers in the majors do you view more valuable than Wieters?

Yes, DD would trade Matt Wieters............... In a year and a half to two years from now if there is no indication he will sign long term. End of story. No need to talk about this until after next season at the earliest.

inconceivable-1.jpg

We have a number of holes to fill. If trading him allows you to obtain another decent major league catcher, starting pitcher, 1B and LF you should listen and consider it. I'm not sure we could get that much for him. If another team has a great hitting coach that sees the flaws in his stance and swing many of us see we might land a big haul.

We have a number of holes to fill. If trading him allows you to obtain another decent major league catcher, starting pitcher, 1B and LF you should listen and consider it. I'm not sure we could get that much for him. If another team has a great hitting coach that sees the flaws in his stance and swing many of us see we might land a big haul.

Dude you are so off the reservation it is ridiculous! How many great catchers have there ever been in major league history yet alone currently? Wieters is u touchable, until he comes close to free agency. Then, being a Boras client, he will be traded. The expectations on the guy are just ridiculous! He is already the best catcher the organization has ever seen yet you and other morons want to trade him! Ridiculous!

Archived