vs. ATHLETICS 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's getting squeezed Tony...big time

Not according to PitchFX. Some borderlines haven't gone his way, but nothing drastic. Then he overthrows to Carter, leaves it up and is hit hard.

The fact is, two bad bounces, some borderline tough strike calls, and a bad pitch to Carter and you've got a blowout in the making.

The wild pitch was a mistake. But this zone better be consistently tight all game or I'm gonna be upset. The triple was a joke, and I have no idea how Carter hit a home run there. He got jammed six inches off the plate inside. And he crushed it. Honestly, if you neutralize luck this inning, Britton probably gives up a hit, a walk, and no runs.

Not according to PitchFX. Some borderlines haven't gone his way, but nothing drastic. Then he overthrows to Carter, leaves it up and is hit hard.

The fact is, two bad bounces, some borderline tough strike calls, and a bad pitch to Carter and you've got a blowout in the making.

The HR pitch was inside. He jammed Carter. Carter just somehow hit it out. When I saw the swing I thought foul or pop-up. I have no idea how he hit it. It was not a bad pitch.

The pitch to Carter was 4 inches off the plate. I don't know where he's supposed to put it if that pitch goes out.

The HR pitch was inside. He jammed Carter. Carter just somehow hit it out. When I saw the swing I thought foul or pop-up. I have no idea how he hit it. It was not a bad pitch.

It was inside. With little movement and well-up in the zone. It wasn't a good pitch.

That's not to say the HR wasn't surprising, and kind of crazy. But it still wasn't a good pitch.

I haven't seen one pitch yet that I thought the umpire missed. Britton just struggled. He's got very good stuff but goodness that command is annoying.

It was inside. With little movement and well-up in the zone. It wasn't a good pitch.

It was not a fat pitch. 99% of hitters will not be able to do anything with that. I don't think it was where he wanted it, but it was not a meatball.

Archived