Decisions, decisions....

Il BuonO

It's been quoted several times, which one would you like to repost?

You haven't quoted anything that said I thought Buck should be fired because it isn't there. Tell you what though, I do have the courage to think for myself and actually question whether or not he should be the manager in perpetuity.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is your comment?

That is. Is that unreasonable? Grow up. You disagree. You think he's the greatest living manager, blah blah blah. He should never be questioned, his job should always be with the Orioles no matter how they do. We get it.

That is. Is that unreasonable? Grow up. You disagree. You think he's the greatest living manager, blah blah blah. He should never be questioned, his job should always be with the Orioles no matter how they do. We get it.

I never said that or anything close. I just think your comment was wrong as do others. It's your opinion, you're allowed to have it, don't make it right.

Appreciate if you'd show some maturity when you're proven wrong. Be a man, own up to it.

Well, you quoted my text but apparently you missed that part. Look, I agree he's got a stacked deck....this year. However, DD has said that PA will give him the necessary parts for a winning team. So, what then? Does he still get a pass and for how long? I like that Buck is no nonsense and he wants to bring back a winning tradition, but until he does it's a lot of talk.

No I agree if they add the right pieces it might be reasonable to expect a playoff run. I just don't see were its relevant till they hand Buck the keys to that team if that makes sense. Clearly the more he gets in terms of talent the more production we should expect. My point was that I think being fair, to this point this year he has gotten better than expected production. I also think the guy is pretty well respected by executives and players, brings an air of legitimacy that was and is much needed and I think that will continue to serve the organization well as they get closer to be legit contenders and look to add a few key pieces

I never said that or anything close. I just think your comment was wrong as do others. It's your opinion, you're allowed to have it, don't make it right.

Appreciate if you'd show some maturity when you're proven wrong. Be a man, own up to it.

Now your speaking for others here. Tell you what, speak for yourself tough guy. Ironic how you call for maturity as you are provoking me.

No I agree if they add the right pieces it might be reasonable to expect a playoff run. I just don't see were its relevant till they hand Buck the keys to that team if that makes sense. Clearly the more he gets in terms of talent the more production we should expect. My point was that I think being fair, to this point this year he has gotten better than expected production. I also think the guy is pretty well respected by executives and players, brings an air of legitimacy that was and is much needed and I think that will continue to serve the organization well as they get closer to be legit contenders and look to add a few key pieces

Agreed.

Now your speaking for others here. Tell you what, speak for yourself tough guy. Ironic how you call for maturity as you are provoking me.
The OP suggested the owner should consider firing the manager if he doesn't get a 69 W team to the playoffs the following year. If that's what you mean by holding a manager to standards, that's a stupid, idiotic, and hyperbolic standard, IMO. That's not the same as saying Buck managed poorly tonight. I'd say he did do that.
Yup I didnt want to pile on. I also agree with ccbird's statement above. To suggest that if we don't make the playoffs he should be fired is so utterly ridiculous its not even worth discussing.

I don't need to speak for others, they have spoken for themself!

Don't get all defensive cause you're losing an arguement/discussion.

From the game thread, BS being a "Clueless Gimp" pretty much says it all I think.
For 100 games. It won't last.
I feel a mega collapse coming. On par with 86 but not as bad as 02.
Did you happen to watch the rest of the game?

Melvin most certainly outmanaged Buck. It was in spite of Buck that JJ had a one run lead to blow.

Did you think there were only people who agreed with you? :scratchchinhmm:

Here's what I said above. I used italics for the middle statement so you could see the difference. They are three separate statements.

I didn't say that. Get your facts straight. Misquoting someone is a really dumb notion. You laughing?

Just what are you saying then in the above quote?

Okay, this started out to be a far more reactionary thread about BS and his poor managing because of decisions he made in tonights game, but lets just keep it to that. Or not. To me, it was inexcusable to bring in a kid you just brought up in that situation, but then to leave him in when it was clear he had nothing? It was clear, right? I would have pulled him after the first walk. Well, that presupposes that I put him in to begin with. Ugh....

I want to rant about other things that bug me about Buck, but I know he's also working with a limited talent pool. The lineup for instance is not how I see it benefitting us the most, but I know many of the posters have said he really doesn't have many choices.

After his contract is up do you want him back? Do you think Buck deserves an extension? I don't think playing .500 ball is a great accomplishment. If he gets us to the playoffs that gets him some time. If he doesn't next year I think PA has a decision.

"I don't think playing .500 ball is a great accomplishment. If he gets us to the playoffs that gets him some time. If he doesn't next year I think PA has a decision. " Last season this team was a 69 W team. I take it from this statement of yours that you think if this team this season is no better than .500, the owner should consider firing him. I think that's a really dumb notion. If the team ends up with another 69 W record then maybe, but a 12 W improvement, don't make me laugh.
Just what are you saying then in the above quote?

Do you see my quote? Do you see where I quoted you adding to what I said? Look at those statements. Not. The. Same.

You made a leap from one statement I made and added on another combining the two and attributing it to me. Is this some new school of journalism of which I'm unaware?

Do you see my quote? Do you see where I quoted you adding to what I said? Look at those statements. Not. The. Same.

You made a leap from one statement I made and added on another combining the two and attributing it to me. Is this some new school of journalism of which I'm unaware?

Well, to make the playoffs, you do usually need to be above .500, specially in the AL East.

Precisely, which is why playing at .500 just won't cut it.

Personally, I'd be happy if we went 82-80. That would exceed my expectations. I'm not letting the first half blind me to what this team really is. I'm disappointed we have fallen back, but I'm not unrealistic to the holes we have/had. He have over achieved to this point. Without some help, either from trades or the young SP'ers figuring it out in a hurry, this isn't going to get better.

Archived