The Padres have sent three officials to watch the Orioles over the last two weeks

jrobb21613

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's at times like this that I really miss Sports Guy's three-team trade ideas. :noidea:

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Matusz is a San Diego native. Gets to pitch in his hometown. Big ballpark.

So, I have a three-team deal idea. I don't get many good ideas, but I thought this might be one. Again, I like Matusz, but I like this deal too.

Padres get:

Brian Matusz

Bryan LaHair

Xavier Avery

Zach Britton

Orioles get:

Matt Garza

Chase Headley

Alfonso Soriano

Cubs get:

Clayton Richard

Cameron Maybin

Mike Wright

Matusz, Britton, and Avery for Headley.

OMG, WHY in the weorld would you do that trade? Matusz AND Britton? I'd struggle doing Britton and Avery. Sure, we need a 3B, but this is a guy who, albeit in Petco, has what, once had an OPS over .800?

I think everyone here is missing the boat.

Clearly, the three-team-trade idea is the one that is happening:boogie: and who is at the Yards tonight? Baltimore, San Diego and Oakland!

So, obviously there is a three-team-trade brewing between those three teams.

Quick, who can come up with a feasible trade scenario consisting of players swapping between those three teams (I'm horrible with that kind of stuff, so I'm not going to try).

*Note* If this ACTUALLY happens, remember that you heard it here first!

OMG, WHY in the weorld would you do that trade? Matusz AND Britton? I'd struggle doing Britton and Avery. Sure, we need a 3B, but this is a guy who, albeit in Petco, has what, once had an OPS over .800?

Plays plus defense at a position that has been brutal for us all year, and has a career .299/.366/.449 away from Petco

Crap. Doesn't mean I'd do Matusz AND Britton, just saying let's not knock Headley

Archived