One full day left before 7/31 afternoon trade deadline. Go on record: what do you do?

nevadaO

Trade for future or go for it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Trade for future or go for it?

• Trade for the future?
    • Go for it!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I ask what drug addicted GM do you know who will facilitate that trade?

Oh come on..... just add Matusz and you got a deal lol *wink wink*

I think people forget that just cause you can make a trade in OOTP, Mogul or MLB the Show does not mean its realistic lol

So......whistle, whistle....time is running out and so are the players available....hmm....I have my doubts we will do anything. I would consider selling (Strop def, Reynolds for a bucket of balls, not sure what else we have of value. I wouldn't trade JJ).

So......whistle, whistle....time is running out and so are the players available....hmm....I have my doubts we will do anything. I would consider selling (Strop def, Reynolds for a bucket of balls, not sure what else we have of value. I wouldn't trade JJ).

Just wondering, why trade Strop unless we get ridiculously overpaid? He's been great this season and all though he can be nerve racking, he has gotten us out of alot of big situations. IMO he could be the closer next year if JJ gets moved to the rotation.

Just wondering, why trade Strop unless we get ridiculously overpaid? He's been great this season and all though he can be nerve racking, he has gotten us out of alot of big situations. IMO he could be the closer next year if JJ gets moved to the rotation.

Jim Johnson and Josh Johnson in the same rotation?!?! :eektf:

That's a lot of Johnson's! :slytf:

That's what she said... :D

If 3 of Matusz, Tillman, Britton, Arrieta, GonzoII,and Hunter, step up and give us consistent QS the rest of the way, and Wieters, Hardy, and Reynolds, hit their career average, then we can make the playoffs. If they don't, then Headley and Greinke wouldn't get us there.

Go for it!

Monday:

Josh Johnson traded to the Orioles in exchange for Jake Arrieta, Jonathan Schoop, and compensatory pick

Tuesday:

Chase Headley traded to the Orioles in exchange for Brian Matusz, Wilson Betemit, Xavier Avery, and Parker Bridwell

I like what you're doing here. I do, however, think you're giving up a little too much for Josh Johnson. I know that they're asking for a lot, but I wouldn't give them what they are asking for. If that means we don't get him, then fine. But, I think Britton is a guy we need to keep. His sinker is too good and too perfect for Camden Yards (though we admittedly need better fielding infielders to really make it worthwhile---thus, the trade for Headley and my inclusion of Betemit). Plus, I think Arrieta still has a lot of value despite his being in AAA. Schoop is a big piece, and the compensatory picks are being overvalued right now because it is the first time teams are allowed to trade picks.

I'm not sure I go after Vargas. But, Johnson and Headley could make our team better both this year and for the next two years. A rotation of Johnson, Hammel, Chen, and two of Tillman/Britton/Gonzalez is sure sounding good right now.

Get 'er done, Dan-O!

I like what you're doing here. I do, however, think you're giving up a little too much for Josh Johnson. I know that they're asking for a lot, but I wouldn't give them what they are asking for. If that means we don't get him, then fine. But, I think Britton is a guy we need to keep. His sinker is too good and too perfect for Camden Yards (though we admittedly need better fielding infielders to really make it worthwhile---thus, the trade for Headley and my inclusion of Betemit). Plus, I think Arrieta still has a lot of value despite his being in AAA. Schoop is a big piece, and the compensatory picks are being overvalued right now because it is the first time teams are allowed to trade picks.

I'm not sure I go after Vargas. But, Johnson and Headley could make our team better both this year and for the next two years. A rotation of Johnson, Hammel, Chen, and two of Tillman/Britton/Gonzalez is sure sounding good right now.

Get 'er done, Dan-O!

Love the idea of Headley and Johnson but doubt that either of those deals gets done. The Marlins are not trading Johnson to the Orioles and not getting back at least one of Machado or Bundy in return. I think there is almost zero chance that SD is trading Headley for essentially Avery and Bridwell (Matusz has almost no trade value and Betemit is right there with him)

Archived