SD wanted Arrieta and 2 prospects for Headley

Greg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. It's really hard to believe that we've been bad for this long on the MLB level... and, during the same time, our minor leagues was so NEGLECTED, that we can't even pull together a trade for a non-all star type player.

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Any chances we're talking to teams about another third baseman?

This makes sense due to the report that we were in on Johnson. Is anyone other than the Yankees going to consider giving up a package better than what has been discussed on this board?

Wow. It's really hard to believe that we've been bad for this long on the MLB level... and, during the same time, our minor leagues was so NEGLECTED, that we can't even pull together a trade for a non-all star type player.

:bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

His numbers are very solid. You could argue that he falls in the very good range.

The fact that this was released today and not tomorrow makes me think that they might want to gauge the fan base's reaction to the deal. It certainly wouldn't be the first time info has been leaked in that kind of manner.

That being said, Arrieta and Delmonico (assuming it's him of course) is probably a little bit of an overpay for Headley, though I'd almost certainly do it.

If it's Arrieta++, I want this to get done.

I agree, but I do not want the deal to be Arrieta, Schoop and Delmonico. I would be ok if the deal were Arrieta, Schoop and Bridwell/Rodriguez. I get the feeling that they want four players in return for Headley if they are not top notch prospects.

The fact that this was released today and not tomorrow makes me think that they might want to gauge the fan base's reaction to the deal. It certainly wouldn't be the first time info has been leaked in that kind of manner.

That being said, Arrieta and Delmonico (assuming it's him of course) is probably a little bit of an overpay for Headley, though I'd almost certainly do it.

I think Headley for Arrieta and Delmonco is faor considering that Arrieta's value is down. If i were the Orioles I would try to get Richard in the deal with Headley by adding a Avery/Hoes to the deal in addition to a C+ type prospect.

All I know is I'd rather give up quantity like those 4 instead of less quantity but more quality, like, say: Arrieta + Schoop. I'll take Schoop over Delmonico, Rodriguez, and Bridwell.

I mean, individually? Yeah. But I think I'd take Delmonico + Rodriguez + Bridwell in the system over just Schoop. That's probably controversial, but considering the attrition rate for prospects as they climb the ladder, there's a strength to be found in numbers. Schoop is clearly a better prospect than the other three at this point, but he's far from a sure thing and I could imagine any of the other three becoming a more successful major leaguer.

At the very least, I can't consider Arrieta, Delmonico, Rodriguez and Bridwell a clearly lesser package than Arrieta and Schoop.

I mean, individually? Yeah. But I think I'd take Delmonico + Rodriguez + Bridwell in the system over just Schoop. That's probably controversial, but considering the attrition rate for prospects as they climb the ladder, there's a strength to be found in numbers. Schoop is clearly a better prospect than the other three at this point, but he's far from a sure thing and I could imagine any of the other three becoming a more successful major leaguer.

At the very least, I can't consider Arrieta, Delmonico, Rodriguez and Bridwell a clearly lesser package than Arrieta and Schoop.

I thought the same thing. But I'm also pretty bullish on Rodriguez.

Not interested in the deals above - particularly with Schoop and DelMonico being mentioned. Nice to hear teams are asking about EdRod and Bridwell.

Teams get ripped off when they start throwing in those extra "Low A" prospects under the assumption those guys are years from contributing if they do so at all.

Lots of unreached upside to Arrieta, quality production at near market rate for Headley - not sure there is much middle ground here to make a deal when additional top 10 prospects are requested.

About the farthest I would go is Jake, Flaherty and one other prospect between 11-20.

I thought the same thing. But I'm also pretty bullish on Rodriguez.

Yeah, I'm not as bullish. Maybe those three are a better bet to accumulate more WAR than Schoop but Schoop is probably the only one of the four who could potentially be an impact player.

EDIT: this comes down to more philosophical reasons, but my basic philosophy is it's a lot easier to get slightly above replacement-level production than people think if done in a clever way and, thus, more of a premium should be put on true impact players, especially ones that are developed and can be had for pre-FA prices.

Arrieta, Schoop, Bridwell, Andres Aguilar for Headley. If they want 4 take Aguilar and get this deal done. I would even sub out Delmonico for Bridwell, just get us Headley and we will worry about Manny Machado next tread dealine or 2014! JJ can be a center piece for a trade this time next year.

Not interested in the deals above - particularly with Schoop and DelMonico being mentioned. Nice to hear teams are asking about EdRod and Bridwell.

Teams get ripped off when they start throwing in those extra "Low A" prospects under the assumption those guys are years from contributing if they do so at all.

Lots of unreached upside to Arrieta, quality production at near market rate for Headley - not sure there is much middle ground here to make a deal when additional top 10 prospects are requested.

About the farthest I would go is Jake, Flaherty and one other prospect between 11-20.

Headley will and should take more than that, and I hope we offer more.

Archived