This team just made a statement

Frobby

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Yankees are making a statement back, unfortunately. Thank goodness tomorrow is an off day, considering how many relievers we will need before this game is over.

If the O's react to this game, and play well in Tampa, this game will be forgotten quickly.

I don't think I have been this fired up in a long time. I just get the feeling this team could give two you know whats about anything. Pitching staff is on life support, no deal is made. Chavez continues to be on this team. Kevin Gregg has been on the team all year probably because Angelos is too cheap to pay him, same with Brian Roberts (no settlement) and Mark Reynolds.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

We have absolutely nobody to replace Britton. Frustrating. Really really frustrating.

Sure just one game, but you know people will be ineffective and injuries will happen, be prepared for them!

I don't think I have been this fired up in a long time. I just get the feeling this team could give two you know whats about anything. Pitching staff is on life support, no deal is made. Chavez continues to be on this team. Kevin Gregg has been on the team all year probably because Angelos is too cheap to pay him, same with Brian Roberts (no settlement) and Mark Reynolds.

We have absolutely nobody to replace Britton. Frustrating. Really really frustrating.

Sure just one game, but you know people will be ineffective and injuries will happen, be prepared for them!

But Blantons not much better than what we already have. It will be inexcusable if they won't eat what's left on Chavez's contract, and let a better option in McClouth just walk. But the Angelos supporters will find some pot of gold at the end of the rainbow excuse for it.

Why we have the untouchable Jake Arrieta!!!!! He's just waiting to suck in AAA.

But Blantons not much better than what we already have. It will be inexcusable if they won't eat what's left on Chavez's contract, and let a better option in McClouth just walk. But the Angelos supporters will find some pot of gold at the end of the rainbow excuse for it.

Yeah, you guys are right. One bad game, the sky is falling the sky is falling.

Meanwhile, a team that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected to do crap this year, is 5 games over .500 and in second place on August 1.

You guys are becoming trolls!

Yeah, you guys are right. One bad game, the sky is falling the sky is falling.

Meanwhile, a team that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected to do crap this year, is 5 games over .500 and in second place on August 1.

You guys are becoming trolls!

One game? Have you watched all of the starts made by the guys not named Chen or Hammel? Its more than just a one game problem.

Expectations can change during the season. We have a shot to contend now, and you need to take advantage . Goals can change. Just because the original goal was .500, means you settle for that, if the opportunity to do more arrives?

Im a troll because I make points you don't agree with? Or because you don't agree with someone who hasn't been here 5 years, and doesn't have 10,000 posts?

One game? Have you watched all of the starts made by the guys not named Chen or Hammer? Its more than just a one game problem.

Expectations can change during the season. We have a shot to contend now, and you need to take advantage . Goals can change. Just because the original goal was .500, means you settle for that, if the opportunity to do more arrives?

Im a troll because I make points you don't agree with? Or because you don't agree with someone who hasn't been here 5 years, and doesn't have 10,000 posts?

Ah, I love this argument. Took you a while to get to it. Well played!

The Orioles have exceeded expectations this year, and I am thrilled. But in order to contend, REALLY contend this year, you would have to mortgage the future, and even then it probably wouldn't be enough. You sit here acting like Joe friggin Blanton and Pierre were going to catapult the Orioles to the WS. You act like Headley is like acquiring Babe Ruth. I choose to believe DD at his word that nobody that was available without giving up the future, is better than what we've already got. You, on the other hand, in countless threads, continue to believe a false report that Peter Angelos blocked a Joe friggin Blanton trade due to a mere $3 million. And then you act like that's fact and use it in every post, even though Tony and others have told you it isn't true. That's why you're a troll. It has nothing to do with how many posts you have!

The O's will take 2 of 3 from the Yankees in the Bronx. Isn't that enough of a statement?

(I'm still not sure what the statement is though)

Unfortunately, when you win 2 games and then play a game like today, the 2 games before seem like so long ago.

I'm extatic about the two games prior, but there is bad taste in my mouth after today.

We need to go into Tampa with a chip on our shoulder again, and get 2 of 3 from them.

Unfortunately, when you win 2 games and then play a game like today, the 2 games before seem like so long ago.

I'm extatic about the two games prior, but there is bad taste in my mouth after today.

We need to go into Tampa with a chip on our shoulder again, and get 2 of 3 from them.

With Blanton.... I mean Hunter throwing Friday..... reason for concern.

Ah, I love this argument. Took you a while to get to it. Well played!

The Orioles have exceeded expectations this year, and I am thrilled. But in order to contend, REALLY contend this year, you would have to mortgage the future, and even then it probably wouldn't be enough. You sit here acting like Joe friggin Blanton and Pierre were going to catapult the Orioles to the WS. You act like Headley is like acquiring Babe Ruth. I choose to believe DD at his word that nobody that was available without giving up the future, is better than what we've already got. You, on the other hand, in countless threads, continue to believe a false report that Peter Angelos blocked a Joe friggin Blanton trade due to a mere $3 million. And then you act like that's fact and use it in every post, even though Tony and others have told you it isn't true. That's why you're a troll. It has nothing to do with how many posts you have!

Ive never seen anyone come out and say with 100% positivity, money wasnt a factor. Ive also said countless times its NOT just about Blanton. If they wont eat Chavez's contract, and let a better option go, thats just another example. Ditto for Kevin Gregg. If you dont like what I say then block me. I get it, you love PA. Im ok with that. But your letting a season of playing over their heads cloud your judgement. Either that, or the last 14 years have lowered your expectations that much, thT your just content with anything positive. Whatever, you seem to be taking what I say personel. Im done. You wont convince me to see it your way, and your not gonna see it my way. Im fine with that.

Ive never seen anyone come out and say with 100% positivity, money wasnt a factor. Ive also said countless times its NOT just about Blanton. If they wont eat Chavez's contract, and let a better option go, thats just another example. Ditto for Kevin Gregg. If you dont like what I say then block me. I get it, you love PA. Im ok with that. But your letting a season of playing over their heads cloud your judgement. Either that, or the last 14 years have lowered your expectations that much, thT your just content with anything positive. Whatever, you seem to be taking what I say personel. Im done. You wont convince me to see it your way, and your not gonna see it my way. Im fine with that.

I agree we're not going to agree. BUT....this is the big but....I am NOT an Angelos lover. This is what people like you don't get. Its not black or white. I don't defend Angelos on everything, but to blame him for not getting Blanton is crazy talk. To get mad and blame Angelos that we made no moves, when DD himself has said that HE was unwilling to deal our top three prospects, is crazy talk.

You know what? I'm done. People want to blame Peter Angelos for everything, go ahead. Its not my battle to fight.

Archived