Cliff Lee Placed on Waivers

itscbm5042

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would absolutely put in a claim on Lee, but the Phillies are not gonna just sell him for nothing. Still, I'd put in the claim and see what happens.

If they were smart, they would. They overpaid, and now their team is on a steep decline. It's the kind of move you can justify if you are a playoff team trying to get over the top, but the Phillies are over the hill and they should bite the bullet.

Can we get a poll now asking if we'd be for the Orioles putting in a claim on Lee? I ask this because we KNOW that when the Orioles don't land Lee, one man and only one man will be blamed, so I'd just like to know if anyone even WANTS Lee before we start getting the pitchforks out again.

■11:$11M, 12:$21.5M, 13:$25M, 14:$25M, 15:$25M, 16:$27.5M club option ($12.5M buyout)

■option becomes guaranteed if Lee 1) is not on the disabled list at end of 2015 season with injury to left elbow or left shoulder, and 2) has 200 IP in 2015 or 400 IP in 2014-15

■limited no-trade protection (may block trades to all but 8 clubs)

Also, i could see a team with deep pockets like the dodgers claiming him before it got to us.

Right. I could be mistaken, but doesn't the whole national league and the teams with worse records in the American League get a shot to claim him before us? I can't believe a team with deep pockets wouldn't put in a claim. Mets, Nats, Dodgers, Giants, DBacks come to mind in the NL. Boston immediately comes to mind, as does Toronto and Seattle.

I guess crazier things have happened, but the craziest thing would be if the O's put a claim in on him even if nobody else did. I'll believe that when I see DD flying over Camden Yards with a cape on. Angelos wouldn't approve that waiver claim.

Can we get a poll now asking if we'd be for the Orioles putting in a claim on Lee? I ask this because we KNOW that when the Orioles don't land Lee, one man and only one man will be blamed, so I'd just like to know if anyone even WANTS Lee before we start getting the pitchforks out again.

I think if we picked Lee off waivers and were stuck with those salaries, the franchise would not be able to add any significant players for the foreseeable future.

I think if we picked Lee off waivers and were stuck with those salaries, the franchise would not be able to add any significant players for the foreseeable future.

Well they havent really signed any significant players in the past 10 years besides their own

That's the third different thread that you've hinted at PA getting blamed. By your definition yesterday to me, that's trolling, is it not? ;)

That's the third different thread that you've hinted at PA getting blamed. By your definition yesterday to me, that's trolling, is it not? ;)

In all seriousness, you know damn well people will claim Angelos is cheap and that's why we didn't claim him, even if 20 other teams let him fall to us. I guess the other 20 owners will be cheapskates as well!

In all seriousness, you know damn well people will claim Angelos is cheap and that's why we didn't claim him, even if 20 other teams let him fall to us. I guess the other 20 owners will be cheapskates as well!

And they would be right. The only shot we have of getting a big time TOR, is if he fell into our laps like this. That tight wad Angelos better understand that ;):)

Archived