Joe Blanton claimed by Dodgers and sent there for cash

Greg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not get too worked up about Joe Blanton...

Why? If this were the preseason, he wouldn't be worth it. When you're in a playoff race and your #'s 3-5 starters are shaky, that has a lot of value.

It's true that we almost certainly hope to find something comparable on the cheap, but if that doesn't happen this is just another ridiculous example of bad ownership.

Yeah, for prospects. Clearly, Blanton wasn't worth prospects because no one traded for him and he got claimed on waivers.

Well, if you believe original reports, which it seems most do. The Phillies wanted the Orioles to eat Blantons salary or give them a decent player,right? Well the Dodgers were willing to claim him and take on the money. The O's never got a chance to bid, but they had their chance to get Blanton just for money too. It can be spun however, but the Dodgers had the money to spend, and unlike PA, they put it towards improving their team. But whatever at this point. Should be fun watching Hunter labor through 5 throwing 100 pitches and giving up 3 more hr. Hopefully they'll be solo shots.

Well, if you believe original reports, which it seems most do. The Phillies wanted the Orioles to eat Blantons salary or give them a decent player,right? Well the Dodgers were willing to claim him and take on the money. The O's never got a chance to bid, but they had their chance to get Blanton just for money too. It can be spun however, but the Dodgers had the money to spend, and unlike PA, they put it towards improving their team. But whatever at this point. Should be fun watching Hunter labor through 5 throwing 100 pitches and giving up 3 more hr. Hopefully they'll be solo shots.

Which is funny, because that's what Blanton would do as well.

I am losing my patience with DD. Unacceptable we don't have another arm in here and have to watch Britton throw batting practice. This organization makes me sick to my stomach. What is going on?

Relax, just don't let it get to you. I stopped getting upset when I realized that the Orioles never actually upgrade. They add to a status quo situation and hope for the best. 2012 has been the "hope for the best" season where things actually broke our way for once. So far.

Again, we've let a player we could have used slip through our fingers while other teams improve. It's been like this for a long, long time.

And we WON'T get Cliff Lee. Ever.

Well, no, we will get him when he is 45 years old.

MSK

Relax, just don't let it get to you. I stopped getting upset when I realized that the Orioles never actually upgrade. They add to a status quo situation and hope for the best. 2012 has been the "hope for the best" season where things actually broke our way for once. So far.

Again, we've let a player we could have used slip through our fingers while other teams improve. It's been like this for a long, long time.

And we WON'T get Cliff Lee. Ever.

Well, no, we will get him when he is 45 years old.

MSK

We won't get Cliff Lee til he's of no use anymore? Kind of like Vlad? Yep, at least as long as PA remains owner.

Archived