Worst owner in sports?

ravens56

We were a team thats been to 4 world series in 6 years from 66-71. Then had another power house in 96 & 97. This is where our story begins. The last 14 years has been a nightmare. If we look at his body of work over that time he is hands down the worst owner in sports. Yes P.A. is #1 in my book.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were a team thats been to 4 world series in 6 years from 66-71. Then had another power house in 96 & 97. This is where our story begins. The last 14 years has been a nightmare. If we look at his body of work over that time he is hands down the worst owner in sports. Yes P.A. is #1 in my book.

Why doesn't Angelos get any credit for 96-97?

Probably because of the Davey Johnson thing. Still silly.

Why doesn't Angelo's get credit for something that happened 14 years ago!!!!!????

Is this serious? What happened? We didn't win the pennant and we have been the laughing stock of baseball until Buck got here!

I am speechless people still defend this guy.

Why doesn't Angelo's get credit for something that happened 14 years ago!!!!!????

Is this serious? What happened? We didn't win the pennant and we have been the laughing stock of baseball until Buck got here!

I am speechless people still defend this guy.

I like how looking at the entire tenure is considered "defending this guy" and is looked at as a bad thing when people are just trying to make an objective analysis. Nobody is saying that 96-97 suddenly makes Angelos a good owner. However, it should be taken into consideration as part of his tenure. God forbid someone wants to actually look at an entire body of work before making a judgement. I think he's been garbage, by and far. He's in the top 3 worst owners in American professional sports (discounting MLS because I don't know anything about any of their owners, really), if not the very worst. I think he's the worst owner in MLB. All of that said, you should be giving him some credit for 96-97. It's not enough to outweigh the bad stuff, but come on.

Dan Snyder invests in his team. Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won two WS during his tenure. This question is so obvious, yet it boggles my mind with some of the names you all come up with.

I see you're pulling the patented maneuver of asking a seemingly objective question but then ridiculing everyone who doesn't agree with your preconceived "correct" answer. Kudos.

I like how looking at the entire tenure is considered "defending this guy" and is looked at as a bad thing when people are just trying to make an objective analysis. Nobody is saying that 96-97 suddenly makes Angelos a good owner. However, it should be taken into consideration as part of his tenure. God forbid someone wants to actually look at an entire body of work before making a judgement. I think he's been garbage, by and far. He's in the top 3 worst owners in American professional sports (discounting MLS because I don't know anything about any of their owners, really), if not the very worst. I think he's the worst owner in MLB. All of that said, you should be giving him some credit for 96-97. It's not enough to outweigh the bad stuff, but come on.

Good post, agreed but people talk about it like we lost The world series, we never made it and then fired the reason we got there, which is even more salt on the wound.

On a side not, I love how baseball analysts said DJ was past his prime, he sure looks okay to me. Imagine if he had been our manager in 1998, 1999, 2000, etc.

Good post, agreed but people talk about it like we lost The world series, we never made it and then fired the reason we got there, which is even more salt on the wound.

On a side not, I love how baseball analysts said DJ was past his prime, he sure looks okay to me. Imagine if he had been our manager in 1998, 1999, 2000, etc.

The problem with those teams was not the manager.

That is nonsense.

2011 Orioles 69-93

1999 Dodgers 77-85

If they were as impressive as you seem to think they are then why is Buck on his fourth job and Johnson on his fifth?

I love ya Corn, but come on. You know what I meant. My point is if DJ weren't fired, I think things would have much different. It would also mean our owner realized winning personalities sometimes have strong personalities and that is the price you pay sometimes to be competitive.

I love ya Corn, but come on. You know what I meant. My point is if DJ weren't fired, I think things would have much different. It would also mean our owner realized winning personalities sometimes have strong personalities and that is the price you pay sometimes to be competitive.

My first point was nitpicking but my second one is legit. If Buck and Davey make that big a difference why are they let go so often?

My first point was nitpicking but my second one is legit. If Buck and Davey make that big a difference why are they let go so often?

Its always been said they both wear out their welcome. Not that they lose their jobs based on their performance. Angelos from what I remember, wasn't happy with the way DJ handled Alomar when the whole spitting incident went down. DJ supposedly fined Alomar I think.

Its always been said they both wear out their welcome. Not that they lose their jobs based on their performance. Angelos from what I remember, wasn't happy with the way DJ handled Alomar when the whole spitting incident went down. DJ supposedly fined Alomar I think.

PA didn't like the fact that DJ circumvented the union.

Archived