Worst owner in sports?

ravens56

Where's Angelos

I'm kind of wondering why you didn't just come out in your opening post and say "Angelos is the worst owner in sports. Discuss." What's actually transpired is that you think that the blatantly, completley obvious answer is Angelos, yet you asked the question like you didn't know, and then rip into anyone who doesn't come up with your answer to the question.

I was going to go find some obscure indy league owner, like the guy who owns the Santa Fe Fuego, and claim he was the worst owner in sports. But I don't want to get your dander up, so in the spirit of goodwill and harmony I'll just go ahead and say Peter Angelos.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be whoever owns the Ravens, since they choke every year and can't make the Superbowl. This despite the fact that they get a playoff bid almost by default since almost half the teams in the league go to the playoffs.

Dan Snyder invests in his team. Jeffrey Loria's Marlins have won two WS during his tenure. This question is so obvious, yet it boggles my mind with some of the names you all come up with.

The question is so obvious that you needed to start a thread in the midst of the Orioles best season in 15 years and playoff contention? Bring your hate elsewhere!

The question is so obvious that you needed to start a thread in the midst of the Orioles best season in 15 years and playoff contention? Bring your hate elsewhere!

I've been an O's fan longer than you I bet. I am not hating, I am simply happy for once about my beloved Birds.

Im not really sure how anyone can defend Angelos. Signing Roberts, Markakis, and Jones weren't baseball moves. They were attendance motivated moves. Just like the Thome move. People defending Angelos now, will be joining the club complaining about Angelos when no major moves are made this winter. The bottom line with Angelos is the bottom line. Playoffs is just a pocket padding bonus.

I've been an O's fan longer than you I bet.

OOORah !!! .:skeletor:

I am not hating, I am simply happy for once about my beloved Birds.

OOOSo happy that you started this thread to express how angry you are about Angelos, and how

OOOannoyed you are for anyone that did not agree with you as to whether or not there are any sports owners that are worse than him.

I really like how saying that in all of sports there might be one or two worse owners is somehow construed as "defending Angelos" to the point where people think you like Angelos as an owner if you think he's one of the very worst but reserve that top spot for someone else.

I'm kind of wondering why you didn't just come out in your opening post and say "Angelos is the worst owner in sports. Discuss." What's actually transpired is that you think that the blatantly, completley obvious answer is Angelos, yet you asked the question like you didn't know, and then rip into anyone who doesn't come up with your answer to the question.

I was going to go find some obscure indy league owner, like the guy who owns the Santa Fe Fuego, and claim he was the worst owner in sports. But I don't want to get your dander up, so in the spirit of goodwill and harmony I'll just go ahead and say Peter Angelos.

Hey, no trashing the Fuego, please.

It has to be whoever owns the Ravens, since they choke every year and can't make the Superbowl. This despite the fact that they get a playoff bid almost by default since almost half the teams in the league go to the playoffs.

Haha you definitely don't watch very much football.

I fail to see what I am doing wrong. You are blatantly calling me out for voicing my opinion.

You're on the wrong board. JTrea's place is the one where the only board rule is "Never criticize anyone, because ALL opinions are equally valid". Here at the Hangout you're allowed to critique people for stating things that are incorrect, wrong, ridiculous, absurd, trolling, or that you just disagree with.

Archived