Mark Reynolds OPS is .731...

EagleOriole

This is crap. Mark Reynolds is crap. His glove is crap. His plate approach is crap. He doesn't belong on the roster, we are a better team without him. Please move on. Oh wait, Angelos won't eat his salary. Frustrating.

Fixed that for him....

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gregg and Reynolds equal about $4.1 million dollars in remaining salary if my calculation is correct. Asking PA to pay salaries to players no longer on the team has happened before. Will he do it soon and let DD add two players that can help us the final two months?

To be fair I've been impressed with his glove the past week or so.

Was just about to say this. He has made some good digs at first and helped make what were good plays even better by digging out low throws.

I keep waiting for him to wake up and start knocking the snot out of the ball but it hasn't happened. I don't think we have anyone in the org who could improve upon a 687 ops, so what are you going to do?

If we had kept Pearce I would have started him in LF and moved David back to first, but that is just rearranging deck chairs. Something permanent needs to be done at first this offseason. It's amazing that Raffy back in 1998 was the last good 1b we had.

Was just about to say this. He has made some good digs at first and helped make what were good plays even better by digging out low throws.

I keep waiting for him to wake up and start knocking the snot out of the ball but it hasn't happened. I don't think we have anyone in the org who could improve upon a 687 ops, so what are you going to do?

If we had kept Pearce I would have started him in LF and moved David back to first, but that is just rearranging deck chairs. Something permanent needs to be done at first this offseason. It's amazing that Raffy back in 1998 was the last good 1b we had.

I cd still see "David" at first base once Goliath's neck feels better and he can DH again.

OPS is .681.

Yeah, and he still gets on base at a .323 clip. For a lineup that quite frankly sucks at working the count and taking walks, a .120 point separation between batting average and on base percentage is great.

I've said it before, anyone who thinks this year is a true measure of Reynolds power is foolish. Look at what happened to Adam Dunn between last year and this year. Some people have bad seasons, it happens.

There's no reason to think that Reynolds couldn't bounce back next year and provide another 35+ homer season.

Yeah, and he still gets on base at a .323 clip. For a lineup that quite frankly sucks at working the count and taking walks, a .120 point separation between batting average and on base percentage is great.

I've said it before, anyone who thinks this year is a true measure of Reynolds power is foolish. Look at what happened to Adam Dunn between last year and this year. Some people have bad seasons, it happens.

There's no reason to think that Reynolds couldn't bounce back next year and provide another 35+ homer season.

I agree with everything you are saying, but Reynolds is hitting .185/.292/.340 vs. RHP. It is time to sit him against right-handers. If he starts swinging the bat better, power is starting to come then put him back in the lineup.

I agree with everything you are saying, but Reynolds is hitting .185/.292/.340 vs. RHP. It is time to sit him against right-handers. If he starts swinging the bat better, power is starting to come then put him back in the lineup.

I don't disagree with that and I think that'll happen when Thome gets back.

Interesting points.

I agree, his OBP is impressive. especially when you compare it to his batting average.

Reynolds has endured both a fielding and batting slump this season. In addition, he suffered an oblique injury earlier in the year that has affected him more than anyone has let on. So, you're right, anyone can have a bad season.

He could bounce back, but I would not give him a 6 million dollar option.

I know you're a fan because he controls the strike zone, but Mark has been pretty abysmal this year at the plate. He looks almost totally lost to me at this point. Good guy by all accounts, but I'd just as soon move on.

Honestly, I'm not that big a fan. But it ticks me off when people totally ignore the value of getting on base via a walk. We won a game today because Reynolds got on base that way.

Interesting points.

I agree, his OBP is impressive. especially when you compare it to his batting average.

Reynolds has endured both a fielding and batting slump this season. In addition, he suffered an oblique injury earlier in the year that has affected him more than anyone has let on. So, you're right, anyone can have a bad season.

He could bounce back, but I would not give him a 6 million dollar option.

Well if that's what it'd cost to keep him, I'd be a little wary of that figure. Then again, the Orioles once gave Jay Payton 10 million over 2 years.

But yeah, anyone can have a bad season and he's been having a horrible one. He's not that great of a defender but last year I believe people let it pass due to the power numbers he put up.

He's not doing much of anything right this year, but at least he makes pitchers throw pitches and takes walks. He's got an approach that I wish more Orioles had.

He is no doubt the prime whipping boy of the 2012 Orioles but after the season he had last year I'm willing to give this year a pass. Before this year you could pencil him in for at least 30 homers a year and everyone around here used to whine incessantly about how we didn't have a big thumper in our lineup.

I don't understand why Reynolds is still on the team. It's time to bring up Joe Mahoney and put him at 1B. He bats LH, but his stats show he hits LH pitching as well as RH, and he is excellent defensively. He can do better that Reynolds.

Archived