sangar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a classic PA acquisition----long as the Rangers pay most of the salary....Why should we be interested in an over the hill name??????

I recall him looking fairly good in a game I watched a couple weeks ago, but I guess the numbers are pretty horrible now that I've actually looked at them. Either he's having really bad luck with that babip or getting the crap beat out of him ala Arrieta.

This is a classic PA acquisition----long as the Rangers pay most of the salary....Why should we be interested in an over the hill name??????

A) Because outside of the six starts this year, he has had a fantastic career

B) Because six starts is SSS, and Fangraphs suggests there is some bad luck involved

C) Because the alternative could be putting full trust into Britton and Hunter

He recall him looking fairly good in a game I watched a couple weeks ago, but I guess the numbers are pretty horrible now that I've actually looked at them. Either he's having really bad luck with that babip or getting the crap beat out of him ala Arrieta.

Yeah, .404 BABIP, 16.7 HR/FB, and 4.45 FIP (3.65xFIP)

If this is his act for the Rangers who are pretty much a lock for the post season, imagine his enthusiasm for wearing the orange and black. His behavior is disgraceful and he should be ashamed of himself. Pass, plain and simple.

If this is his act for the Rangers who are pretty much a lock for the post season, imagine his enthusiasm for wearing the orange and black. His behavior is disgraceful and he should be ashamed of himself. Pass, plain and simple.

I understand this line of thinking and know that I would never personally act the way he has, but put yourself in his shoes. You have won over 160 games, lifetime ERA of 3.26, made multiple all-star teams, received Cy Young votes in 6 different seasons, and they demote you to the bullpen after 6 starts, and first hear about it from the media?

His anger isn't right, but can be justified.

I understand this line of thinking and know that I would never personally act the way he has, but put yourself in his shoes. You have won over 160 games, lifetime ERA of 3.26, made multiple all-star teams, received Cy Young votes in 6 different seasons, and they demote you to the bullpen after 6 starts, and first hear about it from the media?

His anger isn't right, but can be justified.

Eh...difference between understandable and justified. I'm not a fan of the tendency to look the other way when stars act as though they're above the game.

I don't know how much I blame him for this. He is Roy Friggin' Oswalt. The Rangers paid him a boatload of money to anchor their playoff rotation. He has been one the best pitchers in baseball for 10+ years, and there's been little if any degradation in his stuff. His peripherals are pretty much stable. He is clearly a better pitcher than Ryan Dempster. I would be pissed, too.

And way interested in stealing him from the Rangers.

Despite his antics, I think it would be preferable to run him out there than Britton if he continues to show no progress. If the Rangers are willing to dump him I would be interested but I would not give up anything for him other than agree to pay some of that salary. If he cant be had in that way then no thanks.

Very uncool move for him to do.......................not as bad as Scottie Pippen refusing to go in the game on the final play when the coach gave the last shot to that foreign white guy. The defense would of had to defend Pippen not knowing who had the call. But he refused..................Chicago still sank the bucket and won. But Pippen has never recovered his reputation in my eyes. A mega tool.

Archived