Guthrie dominant tonight

isestrex

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BUMP....

Another good one from GUTS ... that makes 3 consecutive...

Nah ... you missed him get hit around in Boston. Guy just can't pitch well in Fenway.

Yep. The Red Sox throttled him, although the Royals came back to win that game, anyway.

Still, 4 out of his last 5 starts have been excellent ...... and 5 out of his last 6 have been quality starts.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=guthrje01&t=p&year=2012

He appears to be in a zone.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone else made this point on an earlier thread I started, but I figured i'd drive ithome.

Here's Guts' game log since Aug 1 for KC:

Sep 15 LAA W 3-2 -

Sep 9 @ CHW W 2-1 -

Sep 4 TEX W 6-3 W

Aug 30 DET W 2-1 W

Aug 25 @ BOS W 10-9 -

Aug 19 CHW W 5-2 -

Aug 14 OAK W 5-0 W

Aug 8 @ CHW W 2-1 W

Aug 3 TEX L 3-5

That's 3 wins vs White Sox, 1 win vs Boston (where he pitched poorly), a win vs Detroit, a win vs OAK, and a win vs LAA. All teams either in the AL East or in (or potentially in) the WC race.

Thanks for doing some of our dirty work for us, Guts!! Would love to see this guy get a crack at the O's roster or a long guy in the pen next season. Clearly he's much more comfortable in the AL.

Great news indeed, Guts was always one of my favorites and thought we should have got him back. He is great fun on twitter too!

Actually maybe it's better he's on the Royals than the O's. It's like we have a secret agent on another team winning games for us! Bwahahaha!

i wouldnt mind him being that option for us...instead of having these revolving doors at the #5 slot, just pick him back up as the end of rotation

Didn't think he still had it in him, but he's proved me wrong. Went from rock bottom damaged goods to a possible 2yr+option kind of deal in the off-season. Good for him.

Archived