My 7 years Hiatus from Camden Yards is now over!

Roll Tide

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are two completely different scenarios. You are begging the question and trying to bait me into willfully replying to an ignorant response.

So far you've needed no help. :wedge:

And yes, they're are two different scenarios...that's why it's an analogy and not a 1:1 situational comparison. Otherwise, he'd ask you "say you were at the Eddie Murray statue unveiling and they announced Lou Angelos, would you boo?"

Why shouldn't he get booed? They have ruined baseball in Baltimore.

Maybe you are too new to Orioles baseball to know the actual history but the demise of the franchise started when the Hoffberger family decided they wanted a greater ROI from the family trust that owned the Orioles and Jerry Hoffberger began (or was forced) to reduce expenditures on the MiL system. It was not coincidence that when Flanny was in the latter stage of his playing career he remarked there was no-one ready to take his place. EBW had a pro football-buy free agents mentality and wanted to move the team down 95,closer to D.C.; Jacobs was flat broke. Enter King Peter who promised to keep the O's in Baltimore, challenge the MFY, and spent freely (at first) on FA until Albert Bell. None of that bluster could over come the years of neglect of the MiL that started under Hoffberger. Everyone since then talked about restoring the Oriole Way and the MiL system but until Buck and Dan, none have had/earned PA's confidence to proceed without interference. Lou A. hasn't embarrassed himself at any if the ceremonies and if Earl can find it in his heart to defend the Angelos family for creating the Legends at Oriole Park then I will follow his lead. PA didn't ruin baseball in Baltimore, he has failed to fix it, or return it to its former glory. Sorry if the Miller 40 oz. has made this come out as snarky, that wasn't my intent.

True ...But Angelo's stopped trying to win in the late late 90 s. He chased away the fan base including me. And he made that lousy deal that allowed the Expos to move from Montreal. He's a big powerful lawyer who could've blocked the move if he had taken it head on. I agree with you on the farm system and the fact is it is starting to produce players. But I need to see some non 1st rounders have success make a real impact. Most of he so called cavalry is so far a bust and who couldn't hit on Markakis, Wieters, and Machado.

True ...But Angelo's stopped trying to win in the late late 90 s. He chased away the fan base including me. And he made that lousy deal that allowed the Expos to move from Montreal. He's a big powerful lawyer who could've blocked the move if he had taken it head on. I agree with you on the farm system and the fact is it is starting to produce players. But I need to see some non 1st rounders have success make a real impact. Most of he so called cavalry is so far a bust and who couldn't hit on Markakis, Wieters, and Machado.

The Expos should still be in Montreal. That's one reason why it's okay to boo.

You're going to blame Angelos for the Montreal move to DC? A move he fought tooth and nail, and only relented when alot of concessions were thrown his way? You can argue (easily) that he's pretty much squandered those concessions, but come on, he obviously didn't want them there as much as Jack. Kent Cooke didn't want a football team in Baltimore.

I'm one that doesn't think it's ok to boo. There is always a debate about this, and everyone says, "I bought my ticket so I have the right to boo!" I agree, but having the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do. I won't ever boo my home team. I'll complain and curse and whine to the people I'm hanging out and having a few drinks with, but if I don't have a reason to cheer, I'll just keep quiet and maybe shake my head in disgust.

The people who boo someone who has had a rough streak lately, then change the boos to cheers in mid-boo when something goes right, always look stupid to me.

I sat with my wife in section 218 Club Level .... Great day for a baseball game. I got to see Machado crush the ball to center. Markakis drill one over the wall. McLouth make a fantastic catch & lose his bat into the stands where it clunked a older guy in the head. It was replaced by a autographed version for his trouble. What a classy thing to do on his part. I must say that McLouth is starting to grow on me. I watched Hunter give away a early lead and basically get beat up inning after inning. In Baltimore he's little more than a AAAA pitcher. My other observation is that like others Lew Ford cant hit the mid 90s fastball and dont see him sticking around too long. Oh and the PA system stinks and the new PA announcer has a flat voice and absolutely no excitement in his voice.

Anyway it was refreshing to get back to Camden and I'm glad to have a reason to go!

Oh and they Won while I was there:thumbsup1:

If they ever include a definition of "fair weather fan" in Wikipedia or some other on line service, they should include this post as an exhibit.

If they ever include a definition of "fair weather fan" in Wikipedia or some other on line service, they should include this post as an exhibit.

Nah, that's not fair. He thought he was making a stand, eventually realized he was only hurting himself, and decided to go to a game again. Anyone with 10,000 posts on an Orioles message board is absolutely not a fair weather fan.

Yep, this thread meshes well with the other thread about Buck's post game comments about getting more fans into the seats and less NY and Boston fans.

You can debate the merits of "true fans" vs "fair weather" all day. You can debate if it's justified to boycott your favorite team because of poor ownership. It doesn't matter. At the end of the day someone went to a game that hasn't been in a while and had a great time! Go back again and keep going. Bring some friends, bring the family.

At the end of the day, your definition of the term fair weather doesn't matter. Getting fans back into this team and to the yard does.

I haven't seen a game in Baltimore since 2003. Main reason, I live in Virginia now and the 14 years of losing. No clue about the ticket prices. Is it cheaper to go the window on game day and buy a ticket? Just looking for the cheapest ticket. Really excited to go back. Any recommendations to find live music nearby and nice/chill bar.

I haven't seen a game in Baltimore since 2003. Main reason, I live in Virginia now and the 14 years of losing. No clue about the ticket prices. Is it cheaper to go the window on game day and buy a ticket? Just looking for the cheapest ticket. Really excited to go back. Any recommendations to find live music nearby and nice/chill bar.

The cheapest ticket is going to be during a bargain night (Tuesdays I think) $9 upper reserve seats. There are also student promos with a student ID.

There's a good party at pickles before the game.

Not sure what live music you're into, but I've seen some good shows at Ram's head live and the 8x10.

Archived