Jonathan French ‏@JTrea81

Looks like possibly Andino to DL. #Orioles

LOL, Jtrea with the scoop??

Stay tuned for his follow-up posts:

Looks like possibly Tillman to DL. #Orioles

Looks like possibly Strop to DL. #Orioles

Looks like possibly McLouth to DL. #Orioles

Looks like possibly Teagarden to DL. #Orioles

And so on. Then once the answer is revealed, he can delete all the tweets except the accurate one!

Doesn't need to be a pitcher on the DL though, so they could DL Ford, for example, and bring up Johnson for the start on Saturday. Although, yeah, seems more likely it's a pitcher.
If Johnson is coming up it could be Chen. No reason to bring him up before Sat. Socolovich was the 8th man in the pen. So if it's a RP to the DL, Romero replaces him and we are a man short on the bench. In that case they would bring up a position player. If they are bringing up Johnson it is to replace a SP IMO.

Didn't Hunter try to catch a ball back at him with his throwing hand? My TV was on mute but it looked like it caught one of his fingers kind of badly. Anyone know about this (what did they say on the broadcast)? Could be him if there was swelling or something after the game.

This has some merit, IMO. Good Catch.

Didn't Hunter try to catch a ball back at him with his throwing hand? My TV was on mute but it looked like it caught one of his fingers kind of badly. Anyone know about this (what did they say on the broadcast)? Could be him if there was swelling or something after the game.

Good call. It did hit his hand. Palmer was talking about how dumb that was.

Good call. It did hit his hand. Palmer was talking about how dumb that was.

And Hunter definitely struggled more after he took the grounder off his hand than he did in the first two innings. Of course, that could just be because he's Tommy Hunter.

If it was Hunter they wouldn't bring up Johnson now because Hunter isn't needed until Fri. I'm afraid it''s Chen.

I don't claim to be an expert on these sorts of things, but wouldn't it make sense to bring up johnson now if Hunter is hurt? That was he could be used in a game if necessary (assuming Hunter wouldn;'t be ablt to pitch)? Also, I know that you can retroactively DL in some cases, but wouldn't it make sense to DL Hunter now so that he can come back sooner? I honestly am not very sure on these points, that's why I am asking. Hoping that it isn't Chen, though!

Trying to remember...but during Chen's last start, or maybe the previous start, didn't the cameras catch a close-up shot of his hand while he was sitting in the dugout, showing a problem with a fingernail?

EDIT: Probably was Britton, not Chen.

I think it could be anyone, really. It doesn't necessarily have to be a starting pitcher even if Johnson is the corresponding move. Johnson is the best option to start on Saturday but only can if someone else goes on the DL. Even if it is a position player, the Orioles would probably use that "opportunity" to bring up Johnson as the corresponding move.

Archived